• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Vote For the Manga Series They Want to See End

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I think Bleach is in serious need of an ending. That manga's been running for at least a decade now?

bleach is not that long compare to manga on that list. It's in the final Arc anyway.

Hajime no Ippo needs an ending. it's just repeating the samething at this point. Detective Conan can continues, it doesn't matter if it never ends.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:31 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:

Exactly, so there's no reason to "quit our whining" about wanting Bleach to end when Kubo has yet to give an indication it's actually ending in a measurable amount of time.

from the latest chapters it looks like it's headed in that direction though, I could say "don't like it? than don't read it" but that didn't stop most people, hell I'm guilty of this too, Naruto was getting worse and worse every chapter and I still read it but that was just to make fun of the series, so I was happy too see that fallen series go.
Collectonian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Roxas4ever wrote:
DNAngel was my first manga, ten years ago, and it still has yet to get an ending (thanks to Yukiru Sugisaki deciding to work on other things yet).

Seconded! Would love to see this one end - not for lack of enjoyment but because it is such a great story and we've been left hanging for years now, waiting for an ending.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Collectonian wrote:
Roxas4ever wrote:
DNAngel was my first manga, ten years ago, and it still has yet to get an ending (thanks to Yukiru Sugisaki deciding to work on other things yet).

Seconded! Would love to see this one end - not for lack of enjoyment but because it is such a great story and we've been left hanging for years now, waiting for an ending.

I enjoyed that manga too but sadly this author is known for leaving more than one series unfinished so any continuation/conclusion of D.N.angel is pretty much the "half life 3 confirmed" of manga at this point
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan? Nah nah, I joke (Although Author, you can just make money from all of the merchandise). Laughing

Now is it "end" as in out of spite or boredom? Or "ending" as in being curious about it?

Like someone said before, the title can lead to negative annotations. I'll go with "I want to see what the ending will turn out like". Seems like a good reason, considering Glass Mask is listed, and the poor author is just stretching it.

Most of what I'm reading is already done. It's just a matter of me catching up.

I'm still reading BLEACH because it's wacky and somehow I keep reading. So what if Ichigo has a hero complex, and sure sure, the baddies have God complex. Yep, I'm a black sheep, and I do want to see where it ends.

D.grayman....I want it to come back. Geezus. And then, I do want to see where it ends. I miss it so bad. I worry for Hoshino.
Running Wild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Kochikame is NEVER ending. It will go on for infinity.

One Piece can go on for another 10 years I think.

Ippo and Conan need to get over with already though, especially Conan.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:25 pm Reply with quote
My two titles that I'm looking forward to seeing the ending of, neither of which were on the list, would be X (as someone else mentioned), and Yami no Matsuei (c'mon, at least finish the arc!!).

What I'd be interested in, though, if ANN would indulge us, would be a poll of American fans, to see what "finished in Japan/unfinished in America" titles fans most want to see finished. Heck, maybe some of the publishers will even look at more license rescues!

(for the record, my two here would be GetBackers and E's)
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
yes, what happen to D. Grayman?
chao8971

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I agree with One Piece quite heavily. I love it but seriously keeping up with it all is quite a pain at times and quite time consuming. Surprised by Golgo 13 and JoJo's. Golgo 13 is more a collection of stories about the man, having a actual ending to it seems like slaying a legend. JoJo's completely ended and the alternate universe stuff is now happening. Like seriously this stuff is not really related to the main story at all.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
JoJo already kind of ended with Part 6. Ending spoilers: spoiler[The universe of Part 1-6 gets rebooted for a new one. Part 7-8 is set in a new continuity.]

gravediggernalk wrote:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has already ended 7 times, with the 8th time approaching; Don't even try to deny it. It's even gone into alternate-universe territory, each part is its own story that may or may not link into the next part at his desire.

Actually it hasn't since all the parts connect to each other in some way which you hear or see a familiar JoJo from the past parts even in alternate universes, you know there is a reference to JoJo from the past who links up in some form or fashion.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
If you ask me, HxH ended for me where the anime left off. Would totally pick up after that if Togashi's health issues are stable enough for him to work without pushing himself to a harmful extent and there's a good amount of material for me to binge-read.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Huh, gotta admit I never heard of Oishibo till now.

I love JoJo and I wouldn't want it to end but I can see why. Of all the manga on the list, no one wanting Fairy Tail to end? Or does it only cover long-running series?

Another series I want to end is GTO, not that it already ended or anything, but how many spinoffs it has. Feel like Fujisawa couldn't come up with anything new so he sticks with GTO.
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
sakuramusicstar wrote:
ZODDGUTS wrote:
JoJo already kind of ended with Part 6. Ending spoilers: spoiler[The universe of Part 1-6 gets rebooted for a new one. Part 7-8 is set in a new continuity.]
gravediggernalk wrote:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has already ended 7 times, with the 8th time approaching; Don't even try to deny it. It's even gone into alternate-universe territory, each part is its own story that may or may not link into the next part at his desire.
Actually it hasn't since all the parts connect to each other in some way which you hear or see a familiar JoJo from the past parts even in alternate universes, you know there is a reference to JoJo from the past who links up in some form or fashion.
Yes, and the story for each JoJo finishes in his/her own part (or, in the case of Joseph and Jotaro, in the subsequent part(s)), but each story comes to an end. There's no overarching story to be ended, each one comes to an end. Unless Dio gets brought back every odd interval from here on out through some kinda magic, the only recursion is the Joestar bloodline. If that constitutes a direct continuation, then that means that the Arsene Lupin series has been going on for 100+ years thanks to all of the Lupin III media.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
BLEACH please, someone give it a mercy cancellation.

Nana, for closure.

And I love Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, but I wish it would focus more on its main character's history and bring itself to a satisfying conclusion.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:

Also, Bruce Coville, in case you are reading this: I am still waiting to see what happened to Lightfoot! For the love of all that is my childhood and decency, FINISH IT!

Funny you should mention that. On a whim to see if the Unicorn Chronicles of my childhood ever wrapped up, I discovered the third book "Dark Whispers", which is readily available for $12-$15, hardcover only. The fourth and allegedly final book ("The Last Hunt"), however, only has one edition out and goes for a whopping $500. Minimum. In book form, at least. Audio CDs go for $15. My local library thankfully has a book copy in stock, and they have a delivery service, which means I can save myself the embarrassment of pretending to have a younger sibling who wants them. I can stomach admitting to liking a lot of things, but admitting to liking books about unicorns at my age can be...tough. ^^;

On topic, I'd like to see Glass Mask come to an end post-haste!

EDIT: I stand corrected. The Last Hunt is now $400 new, $200 used. What savings! XDDD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7