• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Vote For the Manga Series They Want to See End

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shi666san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
I agree with a lot of these, but Berserk is definitely one that I also want to see end (or at the very least progress even more so). I can't wait 'till we get off the boat...
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:51 am Reply with quote
Sounds like I'm one of the few who think One Piece should end. At this point the series just feels so repetitive and drawn out. I was feeling the Same about Naruto. Thankfully that recently ended.

Last edited by taster of pork on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
cloud8100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
I want to see the endings for D.Gray-Man and X!

Mind you, I'd be happy if they just came back in the first place no matter when they end.
Lusbox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 am Reply with quote
Would have to be Berserk, the story's still great but the waiting is killer.

One Piece I would love to see the ending of, but don't mind if it takes another 15 years to get there.

HxH I stopped reading and put out of my mind after the chimera ants just cus I didn't want to start a never ending arc, wouldn't complain if he carried on writing tho.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
Deleted a few posts for over-quoting.

Don't want your posts deleted?

Then don't over-quote.

Look here to see if you've made it or advance on the The Wall of Shame.
LinkSword

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:26 am Reply with quote
My top:

1- Bleach. Just to get it out of the way, it just gets more unbelievably terrible with every new chapter.
2- Berserk. The waiting is ridiculous and makes me abhor Miura. The arcs themselves are not being much fun at all and far less so at this pace. I can't remember the last time I truly enjoyed reading Berserk. Just bring it to a good end in the not too far future, please.
3- Hajime no Ippo. I love it, but it's been going for very long and I'd love for it to reach a conclusion sooner rather than later. Ippo's slow progression through the ranks is believable, but there are ways to speed that up if the author wants to.
4- Vagabond. Hopefully this one will happen soon, as the hiatus is ending and it was supposedly close to the final conflict anyway.

That's about it for now, I guess. As a huge fan I obviously really want to see the end of One Piece, but I don't want it to end now, nor anytime soon, as for a change Oda actually has a great, massive story yet to tell.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quote
I think a manga can often feel like it's lost it's edge when it has been serialized for 10+ years (I'm using as the minimum amount) but even those under than that really can lose their edge.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
The opposite question ('Which series do you not want to see end ?') was asked a few years ago and the same three series were on top :

Men :

1. KOCHI KAME 『こちら葛飾区亀有公園前派出所』 25.3%
2. ONE PIECE 『ONE PIECE』 20.2%
3. DETECTIVE CONAN 『名探偵コナン』 16.0%
4. HUNTER x HUNTER 『HUNTER×HUNTER』 5.9%
5. HAJIME NO IPPO 『はじめの一歩』 5.1%

http://news.mynavi.jp/c_cobs/enquete/realranking/2011/01/22_1.html

Women :

1. DETECTIVE CONAN 『名探偵コナン』 22.5%
2. ONE PIECE 『ONE PIECE』 18.7%
3. KOCHI KAME  『こちら葛飾区亀有公園前派出所』 16.2%
4. NANA 『NANA』 10.7%
5. KIMI NI TODOKE 『君に届け』 9.1%

http://news.mynavi.jp/c_cobs/enquete/realranking/2011/01/22_2.html
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
The opposite question ('Which series do you not want to see end ?') was asked a few years ago and the same three series were on top

Now if only we could get that same question this year. If it's still the same results, we'll all have a nice laugh.
keyinjpop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
D.Gray-man.

Still love it but it's doing a number on the author plus I just want to see how it all ends.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
I have not read this whole thread. Others have probably said the same thing that I am saying.

There is nothing that I want to end.
If I am enjoying the series I want it to to continue.
If I am not enjoying it I stop reading it and I do not care if it ends or not.

I do want to have a conclusion to some stories, the answers to some questions, and a resolution to some issues.
But the series can give me those things without ending.

I think that some of the people who voted for a series to end might feel the same way. They just want some closure.

A good example would be Detective Conan. I am actually way behind in reading this, I am just about to start volume 48, so some of these things may have actually happened.
I would like to have Conan tell Rachel/Ran the whole truth and continue on his quest with her full support.
I would like for Conan to get an antidote to the poison and continue as Kudo. That, combined with bringing in Rachel, would make this essentially the same as The Kindaichi Case Files, but I am OK with that.
I would also like to have Conan find, and eliminate, the men in black and move on from there. I do not think that they are really necessary as a plot device.

So, any series that I like probably has some issues that I would like to see resolved, but the series can continue.

Last edited by Touma on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
i've already given up on Conan. but i'm still hoping to see clamp's X ending. oh, and how about yami no matsuei. that series used to be one of my fave mangas but i've lost interest ever since the artwork evolved
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
yes, what happen to D. Grayman?

The author is apparently seriously sick with something.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25 wrote:
Saint Seiya. Most people are unaware, but Next Dimension is no more a sequel to the 80s manga than "The Two Towers" and "The Return of The King" are sequels of "The Fellowship of The Ring". It's one long story that's going nowhere. Masami Kurumada has seemingly lost interest, he's constantly picking up new projects and pushing ND to the back-burner. ND isn't really going anywhere anyway, from what little I can tell(Chapters getting translated into English are so rare it's not funny)

To be fair, he was forced to end his manga years ago, so it's only natural he wanted to pick up with where it left off.

And he hasn't "lost interest", 2014 was his 40th Anniversary as a mangaka, so he wanted to celebrate more than just Saint Seiya.

The story is certainly going places (though even I wouldn't complain to get it out a bit faster, I can understand that age is likely affecting his pace), with some big reveals, and once they deal with past events, some major stuff is going to occur.

That said, I do agree, the pace of English translations is even worse than the actual manga's pace (not entirely sure why). I wish Viz would pick up the newer Saint Seiya manga so some progress could be made/I could own copies of them.

As for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure...why would anyone want it to end? Ending parts is enough. JJBA is too fun for me to want it to permanently end.
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I would of course like to see more of NANA, but don't really have any hope for that any longer. And I'd like to see the second set of the Glass Mask 2005 anime, but ditto. (I don't have any hope that a 50+ volume manga would be released in North America. I guess I'm pretty hopeless?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7