• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Captain Earth Vita Game's Opening Streamed with flumpool Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote
It looks nice! Typically mecha series don't get visual novel like games, but the nature of episode 23 certainly allows for this sort of AU, not unlike what Evangelion pulled in its last episode.

I definitely want to play this. The characters were quite a bit of fun in the series, even if they didn't get developed a whole lot. I hope someone chooses to translate this, but I doubt it will ever happen.
vladthetransilvanian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am Reply with quote
I'd really like to get my hands on this. While the show itself was fairly average, I did develope a soft spot for the characters.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Probably going to pick it up for all of the Drama CDs. Like the above user said, it was remarkably average despite the characters it was working with. I think the anime may have benefited from being a VN first to explore more character scenarios even if I know a lot of people think "MECHA?! WHY NOT AN ACTION GAME!?"

At least this has a chance of being well written, I don't see a shot of a good action game for a one off anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1