• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BBC Radio Explores Lolicon in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:17 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

Japan's child abuse and general rape crimes are vastly lower than these western first-world countries such as the UK and US.

Also note that, as our Japanese buds used to put it, that's 'cause some "child abuse" that's illegal in N. America would be legal in Japan, e.g. some corporal punishments that'd get ya in trouble in America (like that famous case of Vikings RB Adrian Peterson and son) would be treated by J-police more of a matter for the household to take care of, and thus won't count in the stats. Basically, the West is more finicky with issues regarding children; remember think of the children!
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol, your statistics seem to be reflecting more of an increase in reporting than an increase in crime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:

enurtsol, your statistics seem to be reflecting more of an increase in reporting than an increase in crime.

It's likely a combination of both. There'd be more reporting due to better awareness of the crime and more women getting courage, risking shame, fighting back filing charges. Yet the magnitude of increases and general rising trend despite the greater police crackdowns and introduction of women-only cars (which should instead had led to the expected downward trend) show rather there's some earnest chikanery going on out there while treating women not in WOCs as fair game.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
"Chikanery." That's a word I feel I should use in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6