• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid Anime's Ad, More Cast, April Debut Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
Ooh, this is interesting. Not only another title to Spring but I hope this will be a 2/or split cour. The show has a good potential if done or adapted right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
The character design looks weird to me. It's neither the manga style nor the Nanoha chara design from Seven Arcs (which I prefer).
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
The character design looks weird to me. It's neither the manga style nor the Nanoha chara design from Seven Arcs (which I prefer).

which unfortunately is gonna make those die hard fans crying bloody murder like there is nobody's business.

though it wont mean anything in the US cause unfortunately no one have relicensed seasons one and two of nanoha after funi gave up on them. and no one for some reason have decided to license strikers. which definitely wont bode well for vivid for any chance of the series being streamed in the US outside of crunchyroll. not to mention that their manga versions haven't been released either. hopefully it will turn around otherwise, if its not successful like season 1 and 2 , the chances of senki lyrical nanoha force getting an anime series is slim to none.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Man, who would have thunk the Nanoha franchise would last at least a decade? That especially when it first started out as a really generic magical girl show until it became like a super giant robot show as magical girls.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
After so many years since the A's season, I wonder if there is any company will ever have any interest in picking up the first two seasons of the show, plus StrikerS and Vivid?
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Hm, magical girls, huge eyes, and a girl that's in elementary school. I don't like where this is headed. Sad
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hm, magical girls, huge eyes, and a girl that's in elementary school. I don't like where this is headed. Sad

Said girl in elementary school is the clone of a Jesus-like figure, and she has the ability to change into an Adult Mode, and she doesn't wear a frilly outfit, but a combat suit. The story has rarely to do with the school. It's a fighting series.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Quote:

Said girl in elementary school is the clone of a Jesus-like figure, and she has the ability to change into an Adult Mode, and she doesn't wear a frilly outfit, but a combat suit. The story has rarely to do with the school. It's a fighting series.

The school setting is pretty much non-existent in the manga. It's mostly about them competing in tournaments with ALOT of loli fanservice thrown in. Think of it like one of those long training arcs in a long running shounen inter-spaced with some plot points and then you won't be disappointed.

Also Fate moma and Nanoha moma ... I'll watch it just for that!!
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Man, who would have thunk the Nanoha franchise would last at least a decade? That especially when it first started out as a really generic magical girl show until it became like a super giant robot show as magical girls.

It also started out as an action packed, lolicon magical girl series, now it is neither.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

though it wont mean anything in the US cause unfortunately no one have relicensed seasons one and two of nanoha after funi gave up on them. and no one for some reason have decided to license strikers. which definitely wont bode well for vivid for any chance of the series being streamed in the US outside of crunchyroll.

On the bright side, at least people outside the US and Canada won't have to worry about Funimation snatching this one as a simulcast next season.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I hope that they will announce more members of the cast soon. Seiyuus from previous seasons will probably return. If we look for the thirteen major Inter-Middle participants, we have Vivio, Einhart, Rio and Corona confirmed. Natsuko Kuwatani will play Lutecia, and Kanae Ito will play Miura. So seven are left.

I hope Kana Hanazawa will play Sieglinde. Just look at her.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
MajinAkuma wrote:
Quote:

The school setting is pretty much non-existent in the manga. It's mostly about them competing in tournaments with ALOT of loli fanservice thrown in. Think of it like one of those long training arcs in a long running shounen inter-spaced with some plot points and then you won't be disappointed.

Also Fate moma and Nanoha moma ... I'll watch it just for that!!

The school setting really doesn't bother me that much. What does bother me is the loli fanservice. Her huge eyes aren't to my liking either. I am interested in what her adult mode looks like though, but I'm guessing she will be in her child form most of the show.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The school setting really doesn't bother me that much. What does bother me is the loli fanservice. Her huge eyes aren't to my liking either. I am interested in what her adult mode looks like though, but I'm guessing she will be in her child form most of the show

Well, it would help if you watched the franchise before.

Vivio's Adult Mode looks like this:

Her Sankt Kaiser Form looks like this:
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
After so many years since the A's season, I wonder if there is any company will ever have any interest in picking up the first two seasons of the show, plus StrikerS and Vivid?

Still hoping on Discotek.

Looks fine. More of the Nanoha-verse is always a good thing.
ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Japan sure loves their lolicon magical girls. I know that Nanoha was a bit pedo, but Vivid is just plainly insulting. Mahou shoujo is something that should only be aimed at girls. Precure still has a huge male following without being lolicon. But once the main demographic is male, it easily goes into the pedo territory like the recent Fate/Loli.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2