• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Durarara!! Novels, Strike the Blood, Black Bullet, Rust Blaster Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I know folks having been asking for the DRRR novels for years; I guess this means the initial sales from DanMachi and Index are looking good. Light novels have a heck of a lot more text than manga.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Great to hear about the DRRR LNs, I'll be keeping an eye out on those since I'm curious about how it's written.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be getting Black Bullet, especially if like another poster said it's the light novels. May check out Strike the Blood as well. Finally light novels I'm actually interested in are being released. Although I too would have preferred Baccano way more than Drrrrr.
Yuu~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it I'm not getting away with just No Game No Life and Hataraku Maou-sama.. now I'm also going to get Durarara!!, Black Bullet and Strike the Blood.. *nods*

Nice announcement!
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
martinic wrote:
For people who are up to date with the latest volume, thanks to the hard work of many great translators and outside of the US this is horrible news.

Oh, sorry, forgive me if I'm not terribly upset that people were basically committing copyright infringement so that you could get the books for free. Attitudes like this make me really mad.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quote
For Christ sake, its a light novel. Digital only. WTF. You can spend the few cents it takes to print those words on paper.

I mean I am glad about StB getting released, but I want to own it on my shelf, not pay for some nebulous digital code with no tangibility.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:46 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Day 1 buy for Durarara for sure. Haven't watched the series yet,but I was really interested in reading the LN's. Hopefully it does well enough that we get Baccano eventually.

You read my mind, mate.

Hell. To. The. Yes.

Between Durarara!! AND Rust Blaster? I am effing overjoyed right now. Love you, Yen Press. Seriously.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:35 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
For Christ sake, its a light novel. Digital only. WTF. You can spend the few cents it takes to print those words on paper.

I mean I am glad about StB getting released, but I want to own it on my shelf, not pay for some nebulous digital code with no tangibility.

I may be misunderstanding it, but isn't the digital release in ADDITION to a physical one?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:45 am Reply with quote
Arakiba wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

I may be misunderstanding it, but isn't the digital release in ADDITION to a physical one?

The only release they've gotten that was ever digital-only was Another, and that was because they were waiting for the publishing rights. They also made it clear, from the start, that it was digital-only to start with, with print versions coming later.

This is a physical release.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Arakiba wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

The only release they've gotten that was ever digital-only was Another, and that was because they were waiting for the publishing rights. They also made it clear, from the start, that it was digital-only to start with, with print versions coming later.

Figured as much. All that I could find while searching was that it wasn't digital-only. Guess he just got confused, heh.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
@Dessa
Another is now available in a very nice hardback version.
Lovely

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Arakiba wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

Yep yep, in fact, It's MUCH more common for Yen to release books in print-only. Which is a constant source of sadness for me because I don't buy paper books.

The Spice and Wolf novels for example, a series that I would LOVE to try, still doesn't have a digital release Sad . And, so far, it seems Log Horizon won't have a digital release either. A series which I REALLY, REALLY wanted to try.

Sword Art Online too.
.................................................... A series which I actually hate, but I still want to try and read the official translation of the first book someday. (give that book a second shot and/or hate-read, if you will! Anime hyper .)
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:45 am Reply with quote
Have heard good things about Durarara!, but haven't seen the anime yet. Gotta get around to it to see if it really is something that I'd be interested in. Will help me decide on buying the LNs or not.

At one point in time, the Strike the Blood LNs would've been a buy. But, spoiling myself...what I now know, won't be checking it out.

I think I may buy Black Bullet LNs. Anime wasn't great, but I did enjoy aspects of the overall world setting. And, I actually found where it left off to be a pretty interesting point in the story.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Have heard good things about Durarara!, but haven't seen the anime yet. Gotta get around to it to see if it really is something that I'd be interested in. Will help me decide on buying the LNs or not.

At one point in time, the Strike the Blood LNs would've been a buy. But, spoiling myself...what I now know, won't be checking it out.

I think I may buy Black Bullet LNs. Anime wasn't great, but I did enjoy aspects of the overall world setting. And, I actually found where it left off to be a pretty interesting point in the story.

I'm particularly interested in buying Black Bullet (LN & manga) myself. I gave the first three episodes of the anime a try but sadly couldn't help but feel like it was crammed altogether. Hopefully the manga & LN fleshes things out more properly. Been hearing lots of good things about how the novel present the world-building though.

I'm not really that interested in Durarara myself tbh. Saw an episode or two in the past, but didn't seem to pull me in as much as I'd hoped at the time. Maybe that might change if I give it another try due to how much my tastes have changed then.

Ouf of all the Yen On titles coming out, I'm looking forward to:
-SAO
-SAO Progressive(a bit more than SAO tbh)
-Black Bullet (manga & LN since I hear they're presentations differ)
-Kagerou Daze (manga & LN since the stories are told differently from what I've been told)
-The Isolator (just will give the first volume a shot to see if I like it)
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Dessa
Another is now available in a very nice hardback version.

You saw where I put "at first"? They had to secure the publishing rights. The novel and the manga were both available digitally for a year before they were published in print.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4