• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PONYCAN USA Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
@Rukiia
In the photos of the two US releases it is not clear where the CD is stored. Hopefully not just in an envelope slipped into the package.

What I see is that the US set is a bit over two Disks high. If I bought more than one of these I would have to find and dedicate an additional shelf to store them. Just what I don't need.

Not that it matters, neither show is that interesting.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Rukiia
In the photos of the two US releases it is not clear where the CD is stored. Hopefully not just in an envelope slipped into the package.

The top discs in the case seem to have extra plastic around them. This makes me think its either of 2 things:
1. The 2 discs stack on the top (I have 1 or 2 sets like this from another company but can't remember which it is) or
2. The top part has an extra plastic holder that flips to reveal the disc underneath.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
{Leland Lee--
I have deleted your posting because of both profanity and uncalled-for negativity. CUT IT OUT. --nbahn}
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Rukiia

Ya, sorry. I don't know what to say about that as I am unsure myself. I can, however, provide photos of the Japanese release. The CD is apparently the visual novel in a holding box.

Interesting enough, CDJapan is offering a special gift to those who preorder the entire series (Japanese version). Makes me wonder if the gift will be a nice art box for the singles to sit in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
http://4NN.cx/.83166
Quote:
PONY CANYON TO LAUNCHES NORTH AMERICAN LABEL: PONYCAN
Two new titles to be released on Blu-ray Disc
Yuki Yuna is a Hero
DENKI-GAI

TOKYO, JAPAN – January 13, 2015 - Audio-visual entertainment distributor Pony Canyon (head office: Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo; President & C.O.O. Toshiharu Kirihata) is launching its own North American label, PONYCAN, which will debut in April 2015 with two titles to be released on North American Blu-ray; Yuki Yuna is a Hero (Japanese title: Yūki Yūna wa Yūsha de Aru) and Denki-Gai (Japanese title: Denki-gai no Honya-san).

The North American Blu-ray Discs are being produced by the same staff as the Japanese versions and developed in-house, guaranteeing quality entertainment releases. Right Stuf (Right Stuf, Inc., President Shawne Kleckner) is handling sales and distribution. Detailed information, along with frequent updates, will be posted on the official PONYCAN USA website, ponycan.us.

Product Information
YUKI YUNA IS A HERO (Japanese title: Yūki Yūna wa Yūsha de Aru)(Blu-ray complete three-volume set)
BOX 1 Due to be released 4/10/2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 2 due to be released in June 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 3 due to be released in August 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
English website URL: yuyuyu.us
Official Twitter: @yuyuyu_USA
Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Yuna-Yuki/607600202719995

DENKI-GAI (Japanese title:Denki-gai no Honya-san)(Blu-ray complete three-volume set)
BOX 1 released 4/10/2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 2 due to be released in May 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
BOX 3 due to be released in August 2015, contains four episodes and approx. 100 minutes of extras, including music CD
English website URL: umanohone.us
Official Twitter: @DenkigaiUSA
Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Denki-gai-US/1555928257986570
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:27 am Reply with quote
@Rukiia wow you aren't kidding that Japanese release looks amazing. I think I'm going to get this. The English dub is a nice addition I can enjoy it with my family. I haven't blind bought in a while I think I will with this it makes it a tad more exciting. This company is reminding me of Bandai Visual USA for some reason. I liked them a lot. Expensive products but solid mimics of the Japanese ones. I wish Aniplex USA stuck with that fun digipak thing they had going for DRRR!! those sets were NICE.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
So far they're 0/2 and don't have anything I want.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Pre-order bonus updated.

DENKI-GAI: Collectors' Edition 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 4/10/15.
Quote:
via TRSI - Customers who pre-order this item by February 28th will also receive a reproduction of an original, autographed illustration created especially for this offer by Asato Mizu, author of the original manga, on 4 3/4 square heavy art paper!

Contains episodes 1-4, plus a special character song CD, a 24-page deluxe booklet "Umanohone Magazine 1 & 2", two collectible wall pin-up pictures illustrated by Asato Mizu (author of the original manga), and a double-sided poster illustrated by SIN-EI ANIMATION.

Special Features: Clean Opening and Closing (Special O.A. Version), TV Commercial Collection.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Spanish subtitles.

YUKI YUNA IS A HERO: Collectors' Edition 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 4/10/15.
Quote:
via TRSI - Customers who pre-order this item by February 28th will also receive a collection of ten sheets of key frame drawing reproductions showing Yuna Yuki transforming into a Hero, sealed in an exclusive illustrated bag!

Contains episodes 1-4, plus a special character song CD, a 24-page deluxe booklet with character designs by Takahiro Sakai, and two collectible wall pin-up pictures illustrated by BUNBUN.

Special Features: Clean Opening and Closing (Special O.A. Version), TV Commercial Collection.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles, Spanish subtitles.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:51 am Reply with quote
Amazing bonus for Yuki Yuna. Does anyone know if the key frame reproductions are N. American exclusive only? If so I can see this company growing on me.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I was under the impression these bonuses werent going to be revealed so soon, seems others had that impression too.

They seem like interesting bonuses, but not enough for me personally to blind buy these shows at the price.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
WOW, their releases sure are coming fast

I wish other annoying anime publishers would be more like this.

don't know if I want the series though, have to think.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote

YUKI YUNA IS A HERO: Collectors' Edition 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 100 minutes - $89.98 - 6/10/15
Quote:
Customers who pre-order this item by April 30th will also receive a reproduction of a key frame drawing showing Fu Inubozaki transforming into a Hero!

Contains episodes 5-8, plus a special soundtrack remix CD, a 24-page deluxe booklet, and two collectible wall pin-up pictures illustrated by Takahiro Sakai.

Special Features: TV Commercial Collection.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles, Spanish subtitles.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
DENKI-GAI: Collectors' Edition 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/742617600029

Customers who pre-order this item by March 30th will also receive an autographed illustration by Asato Mizu, the author of the original manga!
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
DENKI-GAI: Collectors' Edition 3 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 100 minutes - $89.98 - 7/10/15
Quote:
via TRSI: Customers who pre-order this item by May 31st will also receive an autographed illustration by Asato Mizu, the author of the original manga!

Contains episodes 9-12, plus an original soundtrack CD, a 24-page deluxe booklet "Umanohone Magazine 5 & 6", two collectible wall pin-up pictures illustrated by Asato Mizu (author of the original manga), and a double-sided poster illustrated by SIN-EI ANIMATION.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Spanish subtitles.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote
http://boueibu.com/us/video.html
Quote:
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! Collectors' Edition 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Release Date: 08/10/15
Price: SRP $89.98 / Store Price $71.98
UPC code: 742617600050

Bonus Materials
- Combo Box Set including Blu-ray, DVD and Special CD !! performed by Earth Defense club (Kazutomi Yamamoto, Yuichiro Umehara, Kotaro Nishiyama, Yusuke Shirai, Toshiki Masuda)
- Short Animation 1~6
- Clean Opening
- Clean Ending
- TV Commercial Collections

Exclusive Bonus Materials & Special Package
- Exclusive Mega Tall size "DODEKA" Disc Case
- Exclusive “PONYCAN US” Plastic Slipcase
- Booklet which conteins Illustrations & lyrics; Let's sing in Japanese
- Photo-card

Disc Features
- Spoken Languages: Japanese
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 widescreen
- Episodes: Episodes 1-4
- Number of Discs: 3 Discs (1 BD + 1 DVD + 1 CD)
- Total Run Time: approx. 109 min.
- Rating: 15 UP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8