• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 500 Anime Fans Choose the Top 16 Idol Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:04 am Reply with quote
I think Macross Frontier has helped to keep the original Macross pretty fresh in people's minds. There's actually been quite a few Macross related events during the past couple of years.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
It's probably for the entire Macross name and that Delta is coming up.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:49 am Reply with quote
Hello Fancy Lala at 16! Nice to see someone else remembers you!

I imagine this poll was open to a broader range of participants than just otaku. Otaku-centric polls produce results that might be expected here, but when they survey a large number of people of many ages and backgrounds to get a real cross-section of what the Japanese think, the results can surprise, since a lot of the older respondents will have not watched much anime since they were kids themselves.

Last year or the year before, there was a TV show doing various anime countdowns based on a large, inclusive poll like that. One category was to choose the anime girl you'd most like to have for a girlfriend. The winner was...

...Minami Asakura, from "Touch."

A great choice, but I guarantee there were a lot of current otaku going, "Who?"
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:

I imagine this poll was open to a broader range of participants than just otaku. Otaku-centric polls produce results that might be expected here, but when they survey a large number of people of many ages and backgrounds to get a real cross-section of what the Japanese think, the results can surprise, since a lot of the older respondents will have not watched much anime since they were kids themselves.

Last year or the year before, there was a TV show doing various anime countdowns based on a large, inclusive poll like that. One category was to choose the anime girl you'd most like to have for a girlfriend. The winner was...

...Minami Asakura, from "Touch."

A great choice, but I guarantee there were a lot of current otaku going, "Who?"

Yea, well, hardcore otaku are the minority but with much power to dictate what gets done today.

Of course if you sample a part of the entire picture reality becomes apparent, such as beloved Minami Asakura being the most beloved anime heroine in history, Touch was a super classic and is well remembered still today, save for todays hardcore otaku of course that memory and tastes can only go as far back as Haruhi. Wink

But ok list, with some older shows appearing, decent break for the nuts otaku driven lists that make me puke most of the time.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:

Fancy Lala kicked arse. It was as though Pierrot deliberately tried to recapture the quality, appeal and style of their 80s magical girl hits, and somehow succeeded.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:04 am Reply with quote
*raises pon-pons* M-I-N-M-E-I!

Macrossssssss!
Sylontack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:40 am Reply with quote
It's about time Love Live learned it's damn place behind im@s (and Macross/AKB0048 but they're not as similar).

I mean I don't dislike Love Live, just that it rode the popularity wave that the iDOLM@STER anime paved way for and it somehow got massively popular and now it's getting the localisations instead D:

But yeah this is surprisingly, a list I agree with a lot of.
Super pleased to see Full Moon make an appearance too.
TG72

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
Also glad to see Fancy Lala was included. I think it should've ranked a lot higher, though. Sure, there are some juvenile moments but Miho learns a lot about dedication, responsibility and empathy. And even with those serious themes, it's fun to watch.
soul.assassin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
Is #1 covering the entire Macross series? I can't imagine Frontier not making the list otherwise since it's still a huge, huge property that's churning out massive amounts of merchandise.

That being said, I'm surprised to see AKB0048 that high as I thought it didn't do that well?

I chuckled when I saw the list, as if Kawamori got it all cornered nicely. He's definitely the guy to go to when combining idols and sci-fi into exciting and entertaining packages.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
WTF is this, can today´s otaku had some kind of enlightenment? Has todays otaku taste improved overnight? Did they see the light at the end of what seems like an infinite dark tunnel? Is the end of the world coming?

As I said, the sample size for this survey is 500 fans. If this had been 1000 or 3000 fans taken part in the survey, the result could've been different. So don't take this survey too seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
3. THE IDOLM@STER - 9.4%
4. AKB0048 - 7.2%
5. Love Live! School idol project - 6.8%
6. Aikatsu! - 6.2%

Yep, I was expecting those shows to be placed in that range.
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:
I can't believe that trash Kirarin Revolution made it.

You didn't need to be so rude, you know?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2