• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kuroko's Basketball

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
And another thing about this Episode:

This pass by Mayuzumi Chihiro to Akashi Seijūrō reminded me of Kageyama Tobio's passes to Hinata Shōyō in Haikyū!!...

It didn't remind you of Takao's pass to Midorima in episode 56? Very Happy
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
It didn't remind you of Takao's pass to Midorima in episode 56? Very Happy

Surprisingly, no. When I saw that pass in Episode #56, I thought of Haikyū!!, and when I saw it again in Episode #69, I thought of Haikyū!! again. But it didn't remind me of #56, strangely enough. Embarassed

Last edited by Hameyadea on Sun May 24, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, so did I, but within the series, it struck me as something they picked up from the earlier game and made their own, like they do everything else on the court.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Just a little nitpick:

Quote:
Both Hyuuga and Kiyoshi have their hands full trying to face their former friends, at the rest of the team's expense.

I think you misunderstood something. Hyuuga and Reo are not friends, Hyuuga admired Reo as a Shooting Guard and sort of imitated his shooting form, but aside from potentially playing against each other in middle school, there's nothing to indicate they actually interacted much in the past.

Same goes for Kiyoshi and Nebuya. They had a game against each other once and Nebuya lost, Kiyoshi passingly made him a comment on how he could improve, but that's the end of their interactions in the past.
Kuroko the Best Stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Furihata always makes me laugh. And he always somehow ends up against Akashi.

I love the different pics at each ending song. It always makes me feel a bit sentimental knowing the series will end in a few weeks.
Kuroko the Best Stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
@_Cyphon_

Yeah, the animation for the final match has definitely improved. I hope they keep this up till the last episode. Smile
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Hm, so the five uncrowned kings aren't as useless as they first seemed to be. I think the comedy could have better, but overall it's a solid episode nevertheless.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
10/10 episode... and to tell the truth i like the new akashi's face better in the anime than in the manga where it look like someone spread wax on is face.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
10/10 episode... and to tell the truth i like the new akashi's face better in the anime than in the manga where it look like someone spread wax on is face.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Excellent episode!

I think it's worth to note that while Akashi usually uses "boku" to refer to himself, at the end when he answers Mayuizumi's question, he switches to "ore." "Boku" is more humble but I think it in Akashi's case, it was more in an "I'm a spoiled rich boy who's better than you" sort of way. Most teens will use "ore" with their friends and peers.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
That was a mildly captivating psychological journey into Akashi's mind, and I'm now glad to see he's changed for the better (or worse for Seirin). I don't think I'm going to see Kuroko in the zone anytime soon, which is a disappointment. In any case, next week will be the fibal showdown I believe. I hope the animation will be as fluid as the past few episodes have been.
Kuroko the Best Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 73

Gotta love Akashi's face in that moment when he realizes he is not ”absolute”. =D

I really liked Akashi’s backstory. It seems he was close to his Mom as a kid. It’s hard not to feel a bit of sympathy after knowing the struggles he has gone through to meet his Dad’s expectations that led him to become the person he is now.

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 74
Quote:
Everyone seems to have reached their full potential, and the score is still tied.

Actually, there's a 7 point spread, with less than 40 (more likely 30, but it's hard to tell given how they stretch time in this) seconds left in the game. Smile Realistically, they don't have a chance to pull this out in that time, with no time-outs left, but when has realism ever gotten in the way of this series? Very Happy So it's still anybody's game.

Except for that weird shot of the entire court when Ogiwara spoke up (dat smile!), which looked like whoever drew it had never seen a basketball arena before, and with its odd smattering of random spectators at the edges, the animation in this episode was stellar.

There's only one more episode left, right? The two previous seasons have only had 25 episodes.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
There's only one more episode left, right? The two previous seasons have only had 25 episodes.

Yes, 75 will be the last one, but there's also a BD/DVD-exclusive extra episode coming up.

Looking forward to seeing if Seirin can pull off what the Cavs couldn't last Wednesday.
Blue LaGoomba

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Episode 74
Quote:
Everyone seems to have reached their full potential, and the score is still tied.

Actually, there's a 7 point spread, with less than 40 (more likely 30, but it's hard to tell given how they stretch time in this) seconds left in the game. Smile Realistically, they don't have a chance to pull this out in that time, with no time-outs left, but when has realism ever gotten in the way of this series? Very Happy So it's still anybody's game.

It's not unheard of for team to comeback from a 7 point deficit in a real basketball game. They say you are never really safe unless you are up by at least 10. In fact, there was one time when a player scored 13 in 30 seconds. Look up Tracey McGrady Scoring 13 in 30 seconds. Not only is it amazing to watch, but could give you some idea as to how it could possibly be done and how it might be done in next episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10