• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kuroko's Basketball

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zztop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
Heard the Kuroko series has some pretty dedicated fangirls in Japan. I once saw a Japanese show interviewing local female anime fans; one 20-something girl had pictures of Kise Ryota (and various Kuroko cast) plastered all over her apartment (and bathroom) walls. There was also a Kise plushie and a Kise (sexy pose) bedsheet. Intense. Shocked

Surprisingly, her husband said he was fine with it though.
laureninspace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
Heard the Kuroko series has some pretty dedicated fangirls in Japan. I once saw a Japanese show interviewing local female anime fans; one 20-something girl had pictures of Kise Ryota (and various Kuroko cast) plastered all over her apartment (and bathroom) walls. There was also a Kise plushie and a Kise (sexy pose) bedsheet. Intense. Shocked

Surprisingly, her husband said he was fine with it though.

That's pretty awesome actually. It's a testament that the KuroBas characters aren't wooden if they've been able to instigate such a strong emotional following.
IKKIsama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
The fujoshi don't care about wooden characters as long as they can ship them hard and KnB is perfect fujoshi bait with its rainbow haired bishies. After watching the first trailer I almost mistook it for a BL.
battlephile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 am Reply with quote
IKKIsama wrote:
The fujoshi don't care about wooden characters as long as they can ship them hard and KnB is perfect fujoshi bait with its rainbow haired bishies. After watching the first trailer I almost mistook it for a BL.

Please don't lump us all together. A lot of us here are guys who aren't as sensitive as you to the ''rainbow haired bishies'' and watch Kuroko for the action and comedy.
IKKIsama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm really just saying that demographic is a huge factor in KnB's success. (same goes for Haikyuu!!)
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This week we focused on a variety of characters (and their rainbow of hair colors) as they each prepared for quarterfinals.

Nitpick: It's the semifinals already, we're down to the top 4.
laureninspace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Quote:
This week we focused on a variety of characters (and their rainbow of hair colors) as they each prepared for quarterfinals.

Nitpick: It's the semifinals already, we're down to the top 4.

Crap, you're right. I thought quarterfinals since there are four teams. Fixing now!
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
battlephile wrote:
Please don't lump us all together. A lot of us here are guys who aren't as sensitive as you to the ''rainbow haired bishies'' and watch Kuroko for the action and comedy.

Some of us watch it for the action and comedy and the rainbow haired bishies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Why does it have to be one or the other?

Beginning of ep 4 was great, been waiting for that. I love Momoi and her super specific info keeping. Even as a dreaded fujoshi, I ship her and Kuroko hard, so I like when they get to meet up.

Other than that I'm kind of more excited for Kaijo vs. Seirin than the rest of Rakuzan vs. Shutoku. Even though I do love Takao.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:25 am Reply with quote
king 47 wrote:
The physics and basketball don't offend me so much. Though I'm getting very uninterested in the supernatural abilities they're doing.

The show started supernatural, but it was okay. But now they've gone a bit too far.

My concern is that the show is going to keep trying to outdo itself. Every new character has a 'special' ability. Every game needs to have more abilities, or take old ones even further. This is the same route Eyeshield 21 and Price of Tennis took, and oh my did those go a tad bit far.

Some franchises just need to know when to stop, they can't just keep one-upping themselves.

But this is an "ANIME" tagged as supernatural... have you ever watched sailor moon? I bet 99% of the shounen shows taht you've watched are entirely Overpowered MC's with magical stuffs. But why do you go against KnB? is it really because of the bulk of pretty guys?

and Highschool DxD is getting a 3rd season too, Overrated animes are obviously popular that's why they get their sequels and stuffs, this is where the company digs their money.
azazel13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:32 am Reply with quote
Ep 4:

''I win in everything and everything I say is correct.'' - Akashi

Well, I can see I'm gonna like this guy. He has the personality of a winner. Looking forward to see what he's gonna do next week.
whiteNeko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Akashi finally in the game. I've been waiting since Season 1 for him to play. I hope he gets serious next episode. Anime smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 56

This episode was a perfect example of how acknowledging the game's rules can add to the drama and tension rather than crippling it. Though it's probably only for this episode, they apparently are under the gun of a shot clock, and the refs even called a foul! Awesome! Very Happy

Also, it would seem they've taken a page from Haikyuu!!'s playbook. Wink That was really beautiful.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Also, it would seem they've taken a page from Haikyuu!!'s playbook. Wink That was really beautiful.

I was also instantly reminded of Haikyuu!! when Midorima started doing his throwing motion before Takao even passed him the ball. I wonder which series came up with that play first.
azazel13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Ep 56/S3 06

It was kinda obvious that Akashi was going to win, but I still feel so bad for Shutoku.
Poor Midorima, I feel so sorry for him. Anime cry
shi666san

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
Honestly, this match is my second favorite match of the whole series, simply because of Midorima's character development. Definitely top 3 in terms of character development for the series. It's great to compare how he was in the first Seirin match to the end of the Rakuzan match. Actually, the same could be said for all of Shuutoku considering how much they all disliked him in the beginning.

Sadly, in my opinion, from here on the series starts to really go downhill. Let's just say I've just got very mixed feelings on the upcoming Kaijou match, and a bad opinion on the finals match.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10