• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kuroko's Basketball

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote
The greyish corners of the internet that I lurk around completely exploded with all the MidoTaka goodness in this episode (esp because shippy end card is shippy), but even without that it was a great episode, I loved seeing how much Midorima has grown. He's one of the GoM that we see the most, and I think that he has one of the best realized character arcs on the series, even if his special ability is not as versatile as, say, Kise's or Aomine's. It's kind of amazing to think of the full-of-himself prick who disliked everyone and was disliked by everyone (his own team included) we met back in S1 and compare it to the reliable ace and friend he's become.

I'd been dubious about the pacing in this season, but now that this match is concluded, I think they have the perfect amount of remaining episodes to fit spoiler[all that's left of the manga]

shi666san wrote:
and a bad opinion on the finals match.

You 'n me both sis/bro
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I'd been dubious about the pacing in this season, but now that this match is concluded, I think they have the perfect amount of remaining episodes to fit spoiler[all that's left of the manga]

That is, if they keep up this pace. You never know, they could totally drag out the Seirin match and the long flashback before getting to the finals. ^^;

And ha! Winamp just popped Takao's character song on. XD

The Shutoku/Rakuzan match is definitely my favorite of the series. Midorima is my favorite character and he and Takao just make an awesome combination here. I had been waiting to see the events that were show in this episode animated and was not disappointed. Personally I thought the end of the match would come in the next episode though. Then again that just be me surprised at how quickly the match seemed to fly by.

Anyway, love Midorima and Takao, though I can never decide who's on top. XD Personality-wise Takao, but height-wise Midorima. HMM.......
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:

That is, if they keep up this pace. You never know, they could totally drag out the Seirin match and the long flashback before getting to the finals. ^^;

I'm hoping they keep the pace, there's not enough manga left for a fourth season, unless they plan to drag thespoiler[ semis and the flashback] till the limit of their lives and then make the spoiler[finals] into a movie or something, which would be horrible. I really disliked how S2 dragged the games, I particularly remember the Seirin vs Shutoku rematch where the last minute took an entire episode and still the episode stopped on a buzzer-beater cliffhanger to complete the game in the following episode. I certainly don't want that to happen again, especially considering how spoiler[draggy the finals were] in the manga, I hope they can pace it a little faster.

Quote:

Anyway, love Midorima and Takao, though I can never decide who's on top. Anime hyper Personality-wise Takao, but height-wise Midorima. HMM.......

I like to think of Takao as a power-bottom Wink
whiteNeko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 56 / 6

True embarrassment is not standing up after such a fall!

Much respect to Team Shutoku and Midorima. He showed us the true meaning of strength.

The flashbacks about Midorima and Takao just gives me a whole new way of seeing them. I guess since Takao couldn't beat him, he decided to join him
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I nearly spewed. Thank you. =D

Everyone loves Takao!
battlephile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:40 am Reply with quote
EP. 6

''I will gouge out both of my eyeballs, and I will offer them to you.''

Boy, if someone ever said that in real life, people would think they are mentally unstable and should seek medical help. You can’t fault Akashi for his leadership skills, they may be unconventional but they are effective. The problem is that he does things in such a cut-throat way.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:53 am Reply with quote
battlephile wrote:
EP. 6

''I will gouge out both of my eyeballs, and I will offer them to you.''

Boy, if someone ever said that in real life, people would think they are mentally unstable and should seek medical help. You can’t fault Akashi for his leadership skills, they may be unconventional but they are effective. The problem is that he does things in such a cut-throat way.

I agree; my analysis of Akashi is that he has a one-layer mentality. Meaning: once someone manages to crack that layer (in his case, superiority on the court), he'll have nothing to fall back on, and that can be dangerous; either he'll go full introvert and assume a fetal position, or - most likely - will ignore any and all rational thinking in his effort to mend the damaged mental layer.

However (and that a big 'however'), his one-layer mentality is quite strong and has yet to fail him thus far. Which means that while he has a one-layer mentality, trying to overcome it would be the equivalent of trying to jump over the Three Gorges Dam (image) in one bound, after swimming upstream the Yangtze River.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Takuya says to Murasakibara

Psst! It's "Tatsuya." Though for the sake of being uniform, if you're going to call Murasakibara by his last name then I think you should call "Tatsuya" by his last name as well (Himuro).
laureninspace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Quote:
Takuya says to Murasakibara

Psst! It's "Tatsuya." Though for the sake of being uniform, if you're going to call Murasakibara by his last name then I think you should call "Tatsuya" by his last name as well (Himuro).

Thanks for the catch. I've updated it to Himuro. Appreciate it!
shi666san

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Same here. It helps knowing that in all the doujins that I've read, he actually wants it as opposed to being in some pseudo-rape scenario.
-
Anyways, I'm surprised the review didn't mention anything about the end of the Rakuzan-Shuutoku match. Similarly to the manga, it hurt to see Akashi refuse Midorima's handshake. Props to Tatsuhisa for Takao's crying scene; I thought it was very well done. Also, for Midorima's crying scene, I felt like his anime version looked much sadder than his manga-counterpart...it could just be me though.

And so, the Kaijou rematch begins. Like the finals match, I happen to have very negative feelings on this match. Maybe it's because Kise's my favorite character, so my opinion is biased, but I don't like how it played out. It's going to be gruesome following it every week because I know what's going to happen, and it hurts Anime cry
laureninspace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
Similarly to the manga, it hurt to see Akashi refuse Midorima's handshake. Props to Tatsuhisa for Takao's crying scene; I thought it was very well done. Also, for Midorima's crying scene, I felt like his anime version looked much sadder than his manga-counterpart...it could just be me though.

I knew I forgot to mention something. That handshake refusal! Not exactly royal behavior from somebody who calls himself the Emperor. No matter how talented Akashi is, it could be his lack of emotional maturity that is his downfall in the end.
battlephile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
EP. 7

I'm glad to see Seirin finally in the game. Great animation on Kuroko's vanishing drive.

And I'm surprised Kise can now copy the Generation of Miracles. I seem to recall him not being able to do that in the previous seasons.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 58

That was a lot of fun. How can Aomine and Pink not be watching that game?!

spoiler[Go Furihata! And Iduki] was a cute mini but I'm surprised he could even move in all those swaddling clothes.

Lol, I just noticed the basketball-boobs kid at the clinic in the ED. Laughing
laureninspace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Episode 58

That was a lot of fun. How can Aomine and Pink not be watching that game?!

spoiler[Go Furihata! And Iduki] was a cute mini but I'm surprised he could even move in all those swaddling clothes.

Lol, I just noticed the basketball-boobs kid at the clinic in the ED. Laughing

You're already commenting on this? I'm still writing up my review!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I'll forget what I wanted to say if I wait. >.>"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10