• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Offers Attack on Titan Crossover on Free Comic Book Day

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Seriously, Marvel? Your comics are boring, AoT is not gonna make your crap even better.

You know what? You just won me ten bucks, and you didn't even have a clue! No damn joke. Two of my buddies were here playing Chronophantasma, and the second this article went up I bet that the first post would be by some hateful weaboo. ...Truth be told, I was kind of sort of betting on GATSU.

But hey, your presence at least entitles me to five whole dollars!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Tempest_Wing wrote:
Where does one get these comics from Free Comic Book Day? Do I have to sign up online or go to a comic store, or what?

Shops that sell comic books and collectible items will usually have a few, though which few depend on the shop itself. Most retailers that sell comic books will participate because it brings people into the store and creates more business. Sometimes, if there's an event that's related to superheroes or manga, they'll be available there too.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the means of obtaining them! All you have to do is walk in and take one from a stack sitting somewhere. You don't have to sign up for anything.

Last edited by leafy sea dragon on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Does Barnes & Noble participate in this?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
To my knowledge, no. At least, I've never seen large bookstores like Barnes & Noble or the late Borders give away free comic books.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, does comixology participate in free comic book day? I'd be interested in checking this out for laughs if nothing else.
Cobalt Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Shops that sell comic books and collectible items will usually have a few, though which few depend on the shop itself. Most retailers that sell comic books will participate because it brings people into the store and creates more business. Sometimes, if there's an event that's related to superheroes or manga, they'll be available there too.

Thanks a bunch leafy sea dragon Very Happy
Levitz9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm indifferent to this, but that's largely because Attack on Titan doesn't set my heart ablaze like everyone else. This'll be insanely popular with fans, though, and the cross-over is one heck of a crowd-pleaser.

I won't pick it up, but I can see this leading to some serious cash for both Marvel and Isayama.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote
So,Marvel's going to offer the "Attack on Titan" crossover on Free Comic Book Day. I'll try to be there. And to be honest,I'd love to see the Marvel superheroes bash the Titans around all over the place will warm my heart to no end. I hope a similar deal is struck with DC. I'd love to see that come about.
daichi383

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Hmm, does comixology participate in free comic book day? I'd be interested in checking this out for laughs if nothing else.

Last time i think they just gave away a few Image #1's free but i didn't really check to see what else they had. Stuff like Chew and Peter Panzerfaust. I don't remember seeing any of the free comic book day specific books on there though. I hope comixology do have this though because i'd rather not go to my local comic store since it's run by a bunch of obnoxious gits.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote
ANN should probably add a link to the official Free Comic Book Day website. It explains everything you need to know, as well as listing the books that are available, what stores participate, etc.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote
www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

--Free Comic Book Day website, which includes a complete list of all the planned titles and a comic book store locator to find one near you. Independent comic book stores get their comics through different channels than book stores (mostly through Diamond distributors), so they have an incentive to get people in there doors by giving away free comics once a year.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Tempest_Wing wrote:

Where does one get these comics from Free Comic Book Day? Do I have to sign up online or go to a comic store, or what?

For info on Free Comic Book Day - which comic shops participating, what comics available, how to pick up the free booty, etc.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com
CrimsonTopaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:37 am Reply with quote
Wish we had something like this in the UK! Enjoy everyone!
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:56 am Reply with quote
CrimsonTopaz wrote:
Wish we had something like this in the UK! Enjoy everyone!

Use the Store Locator. It looks like there's a few by you, or at least in your county (not sure how big your county is)
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:11 am Reply with quote
This does look really ugly Rolling Eyes perhaps just because it's really different though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3