• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll - Change Payment Plan

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:57 am Reply with quote
Not sure if this is the right sub forum for this but oh well.

So right now I'm currently paying for 1 month renewal fee for crunchyroll and want to change my payment plan to 1 year, however when I try to make the change it says ""You may not change your plan at this time".

It seems like from reading online my only option is to 'cancel' my current subscription, wait for it to run out... then re-active it.

Has anyone else tried doing this? I'm just kind of curious if this is really my only option. It's just a matter of principle that it feels weird having to cancel something I don't feel like canceling.

"Just shut up and take my money".
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
@Darksorrow29

You probably need to contact Crunchyroll directly. Explain the problem there. It is not easy to find, but there is a way.

In the upper right side of the page is a figure of a person (or possibly a photo you uploaded) with the word "Profile" beside it. click on that. On the resulting page click on "Settings" on the lower left. On the next page click on "Order History" on that page at the bottom is a link to "contact us" That allows you to send an e-mail to the billing department.

They will respond, though the initial response will take a couple of days.

The "contact us" link may be in other parts of the site as well, but that is where I found it. Very Happy Good luck.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
Go to this URL when you are logged in: https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/membership/

There should be a dropdown menu about halfway down labeled "Change plan" There are options in there for 1,3 or 12 months. Select 12 months, then hit change plan. Your current and future plans are displayed just below that dropdown menu.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Alternately, you could probably buy yourself a 1 year gift subscription. That's how I do it myself now.

Presumably once your month is over, it will automatically activate the year sub.... maybe in a year it will go back to an automatic monthly renewal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the help everyone. I've contacted them... goodness i can't believe how silly it is to get to their contact page.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
My subscription is completely broken, so I'm going to have to contact them at some point.
I'm signed up for a year's Premium+ a year ago, when that was the only plan that gave you manga access - shortly before they gave that the everyone and made Premiu+ for free shipping to a country I am not in (yes, still sore about that - especially due to the one time I ordered anything from their store in years they marked it up wrong so I was charged for import duty etc).
I've tried twice to cancel and twice to switch to regular premium, but it is still stubbornly showing me as "Premium+ Membership - 12 Month Recurring"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
In my case, I went in to check my subscription status and realized they were set to automatically charge a credit card that had been replaced. I cancelled the automatic renewal and then tried to change the card. I went through the entire procedure. It went so far as to send a placeholder charge of $1 to the credit card to make sure it worked. However as soon as I finished it reset to the old number.

I finally found the "contact us" link I mentioned above. It took three or four messages back and forth. It turned out that the system will not let you change the credit card while auto renewal is off. When I turned that back on the credit card change took.

I suspect the system they use is a bit squirrely.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:03 am Reply with quote
I had been wondering if Crunchyroll still offered yearly plans. Last month they offered a free month of premium (instead of the usual 14 days) so I signed up with PayPal as my payment method. It set me up to be charged monthly but I changed it to yearly and it seems to have worked; I will keep an eye on it (my trial ends 12/28).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1