• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Silver Spoon Season 2 Sub.DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
This was one my top favourites of 2014, really enjoyed it but the reviewer is on point with Aki being as bland as it gets. She's probably the weakest character among some really fun ones.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I actually like Aki as much as Hachiken or Komaba, which is saying something from a character born from the archetype of "always smiling love interest", especially in this second season. I find her development interesting, I find the scene where the whole family speak about her future, although a bit compressed and oddly put together in episode 10 (seriously, why put it after the aftermath? The aftermath told us what they decided, the scene loses a lot of weight because of that. Thankfully I saw it in the manga in the right order), the best scene of the whole show, and she can be funny by its own when she wants.

But I'm a fan of this show and all the characterization, it really works for me and Aki also does without complaints for my part.
drifty1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Having grown up in a backwater area in NE Tennessee, it was interesting to find out that agricultural families are the same the world over. I found both seasons entertaining as well as factually accurate, and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for another season.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:04 am Reply with quote
^
Having grown up in rural Maine, I agree - the relatability of the show is my favorite part. I love the characters as well, but learning that no matter where you are, rural life is essentially the same is a wonderful thing to be able to take away from the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1