• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Stage Musical Unveils Orochimaru, Jiraiya in Costume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
This Jiraiya played Hana in Tokyo Godfathers which is a role Crispin "Itachi" Freeman wanted to play.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy I think that Oro looks amaaaaaaaaazing.
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Everyone looks fantastic! I'd love this to be make into a movie with these actors and US budget.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
The characters that had colored hair, a la Sakura and Gaara, don't really fare off as much as they could have and I think they would have benefited with more natural tones (and maybe either more combing or less hair). Otherwise, they and the rest look great. I am really surprised at how well they pulled off translating the characters to real-life. They have that big-budget sleekness you see in like Japanese film projects and Hollywood (where costumes are given a darker and more hardened look in both), but also look plausible and still in-line with the source material. The cast also fit their character's faces quite well.

I never though I would say this, but these images actually have me wanting to see how a live-action Naruto movie might turn out… Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
amagee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I still think these characters look amazing.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
amagee wrote:
I still think these characters look amazing.

Same here. I'm like, "Keep 'em coming!" I know there's already enough characters here for three musicals, but I wanna see what the Akatsuki would look like from this casting/costuming team! And everyone else from Naruto's graduating class, too.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:04 am Reply with quote
I think the kid characters look kind of off, but all the older character look pretty amazing actually.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
thoses costumes are AMAZING, really detailed too also I like the Khona/Leaf Village uniforms the most I think
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
I know there's already enough characters here for three musicals, but I wanna see what the Akatsuki would look like from this casting/costuming team!

I would love to see what the Tendo Pein would be like.
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
never though I would say this, but these images actually have me wanting to see how a live-action Naruto movie might turn out… :lol:

Agreed.

C'mon, Japan, just jump straight to the live-action film trilogy you know you want to do. Look at how well the Rurouni Kenshin films did. You have a receptive audience. Don't leave money on the table. Yes. You'll have to drop serious yen for legit stuntwork and VFX, but... eff' it, just do it already.
Reiji Karuma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:58 am Reply with quote
Tomochin as Orochimaru? Now that really got my attention for this musical. Not only is she the perfect Orochimaru appearance-wise, imo, (She's tall... and really tall at that, being the tallest in the history of the Takarazuka Kagekidan) but also performance-wise, no doubt (She specializes in villain roles, after all.).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1