• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - Long Lost Anime Twins

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyechan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club and Edgar from Earl and Fairy. Edgar just has his hair parting on the opposite side.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
megazero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Tusk (Cross Ange) and Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED) are actually twins. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:59 am Reply with quote
I think Misaka from Railgun has a pretty striking resemblance to Ryoko from Ookami-san. I was actually really disappointed that Brina Palencia was picked to play Saten in Railgun because I thought she would have been a pretty good Biri Bi... Bug Zapper
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:48 am Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
Honestly, when I saw Kyou and Ryou in CLANNAD, I was like "Are those Kagami and Tsukasa?!" Thank you for putting them in the list.

And then there was that scene in Lucky Star where Konata and Tsukasa were considering nicknames for Kagami and "Kyou-chan" was suggested... Then there was that part in that one route in the Clannad visual novel that the anime completely ignored (the character who is the focus of the route never even got so much as a cameo in the anime) where spoiler[Ryou ends up getting engaged to Kappei Hiiragi]... And then one considers that the Lucky Star manga started only a few months before Clannad came out and that basically rules out any chance of that thing in the Clannad VN being a deliberate reference, and I kinda doubt the "Kyou-chan"-thing was deliberate either judging by the release timeframe and then suddenly this whole thing just becomes the freakiest coincidence ever.

Maybe.

Anyway, one that struck me quite instantly was how Saki, main character of From the New World...

...bears more than a passing resemblance to Hikari from Digimon Adventure 02.

I don't really feel these pictures do the best job of demonstrating that, but yeah, watching the first episode of From the New World, it was one of the first things that came to mind.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
Wait, so you're saying there's no way that Lucky Star could have been parodying Clannad and that the similarities are just a coincidence? Well, looks like I've been living a lie for the past 4 years of my life.

I guess they might have both just been in response to trends that were popular at the time. Clannad mixing the character type into the psuedo harem to appeal to the mainstream and Lucky Star parodying that same trend.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
My two cents:

Tina Sprout (Black Bullet)

Suwako Moriya (Touhou)
TheBlackGirlGamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote
karuga from Fairy tail and Ikagura from Senran Kagura. They look verrrrry alike and similar.

[/img]

Last edited by TheBlackGirlGamer on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 am Reply with quote
^
Isn't Ikaruga from Senran Kagura?
Digital Kitsune

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
TheBlackGirlGamer124 wrote:
Ikaruga from Fairy tail and Kagura from Senran Kagura. They look verrrrry alike and similar.

They must be related to Imai Nobume from Gintama!

MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Ikaruga from Fairy tail and Kagura from Senran Kagura. They look verrrrry alike and similar.

You confused their names. Also, there is a Ikaruga in Fairy Tail, but that's a completely different character.
TheBlackGirlGamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:

You confused their names. Also, there is a Ikaruga in Fairy Tail, but that's a completely different character.

Thanks for telling me that.
Ahirue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I always thought that Tohru from Shiki and Yogi from Karneval looked alike.

HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:

Confusing names in anime? Unpossible!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7