• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My email notification is not working

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
suko wrote:
And I hate to ask this question, since u probably already checked, but just to make sure, have u checked your Spam folder? It's happened to me before on another forum where I started receiving e-mail notifications for new posts in my Spam folder when I wasn't before.

I already did many times, my spam folder does not contain any of ANN's email notification. Also if you read my previous posts, I do receive email notification when somebody PM me. Anything related forum posts or following forum thread does not go through.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
suko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
I already did many times, my spam folder does not contain any of ANN's email notification. Also if you read my previous posts, I do receive email notification when somebody PM me. Anything related forum posts or following forum thread does not go through.
Thanks for the info, I just thought to ask for clarification purposes which may help an ANN Mod or tech who's reading this thread so they can rule that part out for sure. Also, sometimes the e-mail notifications for different aspects of a forum are different. Back when I started receiving e-mail notifications for new posts in my Spam folder (which started out of the blue), I was still receiving PM e-mail notifications in my normal Inbox.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
suko wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Thanks for the info, I just thought to ask for clarification purposes which may help an ANN Mod or tech who's reading this thread so they can rule that part out for sure. Also, sometimes the e-mail notifications for different aspects of a forum are different. Back when I started receiving e-mail notifications for new posts in my Spam folder (which started out of the blue), I was still receiving PM e-mail notifications in my normal Inbox.

I don't know what's causing this, but I hope this get dealt with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:25 am Reply with quote
FYI I've just recieved at least 3 days worth of emails. Strangely I received a lot of emails not relating to ANN that were days old. Maybe it was a provider issue? Confused
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:12 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
FYI I've just recieved at least 3 days worth of emails. Strangely I received a lot of emails not relating to ANN that were days old. Maybe it was a provider issue? Confused

Wow, that is a bit bizarre. Shocked
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if I bumped this again. Any progress on my issue?? I'm still not getting any email notification whenever I followed a thread.
lys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it's related, but my notifications suddenly started directing me to ANN's .co.uk site the other day (March 20). I only noticed because I would then be asked to log in. I'm from the US and always use .com, and the thread I get alerts from had been sending the correct link fine for several weeks before this; I can't think of anything I might have changed or reset.

(edit: seems to be working fine again for me now, so I guess it'll remain a mystery...)
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
@lys
I have found that if the notification referred to someone logged onto one of the other servers, that is where I am directed if I click on the link in the E-mail.

Were you having a back and forth with someone in the UK??
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:46 am Reply with quote
Yes, lys and I were having a brief conversation in the manga forum. Although I always use fast.animenewsnetwork.com.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2