• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Power Rangers Wild Force Actor Ricardo Medina, Jr. Arrested for Murder

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
kyleoconnor wrote:
Reminds me of O.J. Simpson.

It looks like that the Power Rangers are cursed. Skylar Deleon (Roger from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' "Second Chance") was arrested for the murder of Thomas and Jackie Hawks from The City of Prescott, Arizona, USA in 2004. Eleven years later, Ricardo Medina Jr. (Cole Evans/Red Wild Force Ranger, Power Rangers Wild Force) was arrested for the murder of his roommate, Joshua Sutter.

What do you think about such curse that affected these Power Rangers franchise's actors?
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
You're talking about a show that has run for over 20 years, with a total cast (including principal and extras) that easily runs in the thousands, and two isolated instances, one of which was a one-off character who was a child at the time, and never appeared again.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote
Now this is just sad and despite that I haven't watched Power Rangers in a long while since the last series I've watched was Time Force, this is just heartbreaking for everyone involved.

Anyways, the investigations imply that it is done out out of self defense and the actor was with his girlfriend when this happened but regardless, even if he is found not guilty due to self-defense, this will definitely haunt Medina for the rest of his life.
vgiannell5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Now this is just sad and despite that I haven't watched Power Rangers in a long while since the last series I've watched was Time Force, this is just heartbreaking for everyone involved.

Anyways, the investigations imply that it is done out out of self defense and the actor was with his girlfriend when this happened but regardless, even if he is found not guilty due to self-defense, this will definitely haunt Medina for the rest of his life.

His actions won't be the least of his worries. Apparently, Shutter has a sister who believed Medina did not act in self defense. Clearly, she must be really pissed off about this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5