• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump's J-Stars Victory VS+ English Gameplay Videos Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
The only one people really want dubbed is Dragonball because of the terrible voice that Goku has.

I know right? When I heard his voice in the Japanese version i was like "...What the F***? Is my TV broken?"

if anyone or just one character needs to be dubbed its goku, he sounds like a clown that just inhaled a bit of helium.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
Snackster1001 wrote:
No english dubbing? That's depressing. Especially considering that there's a good amount of fans of the mainstream shounen (Dbz, bleach, naruto, etc.) that prefer some of the english voices. They should've just dubbed all the characters that have an english voice and kept the rest of the cast in Japanese

problem is licening as many company's own the licenses it's far to expensive to dub them all now they could have dubbed it all in house with new voices but that would have caused even more of an outburst from fans
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
Sanyo wrote:
I only hope the third installment gets a Xbox Release, I don't wanna waste $400 for a PS4 if this is the only game I'll play.

it's being released on PS3 and Vita too so if you have one of them you can still get the game
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
While the game's premise sounds interesting (a big battle-royale with various Jump characters), the graphics and animations are getting repetitive, with virtually little to no changes from entry to entry.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quote
I hope this game sells well enough for japanese companies to keep releasing them worldwide, but I also hope the japanese companies improve on future installments cause truth to be told this game is really mediocre. But considering what they're doing with the new JoJo game my faith is wavering.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:27 am Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
Is a shame that they are not dubbing this game since it feels like every toonami kid's dream game and were are not getting the voices we grew up with.

Most of these characters never aired in America, let alone on Toonami. Toonami kids will just be going "Who the hell is Gintoki? Who is this gaint yellow smileyface guy?"

And considering you have some of these shows which have had multiple dubs like Dragonball Z and One Piece, you'd have to argue over who the 'right' dub voice to use is. With the Japanese voices it's a non issue and what most people are familiar with anyway.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:

I hope this game sells well enough for japanese companies to keep releasing them worldwide, but I also hope the japanese companies improve on future installments cause truth to be told this game is really mediocre. But considering what they're doing with the new JoJo game my faith is wavering.

Fans play these games not for the gamplay but more to see their favorite characters. Kinda like those movie tie-in games.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
And considering you have some of these shows which have had multiple dubs like Dragonball Z and One Piece, you'd have to argue over who the 'right' dub voice to use is. With the Japanese voices it's a non issue and what most people are familiar with anyway.

The 4Kids One Piece cast hasn't been used in a video game in about 10 years and no Dragon Ball game ever used the Ocean cast. It would be Funimation, as it always is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2