• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Aria Anime Briefly Listed For September Screening

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who's gonna be the animation studio for this. Half Film Maker isn't around anymore so... TYO animations, probably?
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
But, if the manga has ended and been covered completely by the previous TV series and OVA, that means this new anime will be all new material not by the original author, which has me worried about continuity and canon and such Neutral

I want to think they will make Kozue Amano a consultant, just like Akira Toriyama was for the battle of the gods movie (or George Lucas is for the next star wars flicks). With some luck they will commission her to design the new younger generation this series will no doubt be about (at least "the Arrived" point towards that).

My bet is that this will be one cour, just like season one of Aria.
Firstsummer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Bit premature to be talking about cours, considering the timing this is much more likely to be an OVA that is only available with the bluray boxset.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:30 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
The company removed the website soon after it opened.

When companies move that way, it usually a confirmation on by itself.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see news of something new, even if it is just a 1-shot OVA, but I wouldn't get all that excited about the Blu-Rays. They're just going to be upscales anyway, particularly the first two seasons if not all three. Do we really need to see Neo-Venezia trashed and vandalized by Q-TEC?
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Firstsummer wrote:
Bit premature to be talking about cours, considering the timing this is much more likely to be an OVA that is only available with the bluray boxset.

It is a possibility, but when they start talking about a release in an anniversary and the creation of a website, it does not fit the bill for just an extra OVA. Let's not forget that s1 sold 10k, s2 sold 9k and s3 sold 13k, so this is no obscure series remembered by a few.

Zalis116 wrote:
They're just going to be upscales anyway, particularly the first two seasons if not all three.

Third season was done in high definition. As for the first two, maybe they still have the original frames and can do a re-shot in high def? let me dream a little! Anime hyper
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:00 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is "woohoo!".

And please don't have too much Cait Sith in it. I don't have anything against it specifically, but never felt that it fit in with the rest of the world.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Really awesome…but the series/franchise feels already complete from three seasons (one of them two-cours) and an OVA's worth of material, buildup, and a satisfying, complete conclusion. The only way I could see this being worthwhile or working is if it is chronicling everything post-Origination's conclusion—potentially why it is called "Avvenire", or "future" (and which I will promptly fall out over in fanboy ecstasy), it is a collection of original stories celebrating the franchise (or ones that weren't animated, though I can't say, as I have not read the manga), or a new manga-faithful adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Anime of the year confirmed, all others can give up now.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering if this will be some sort of compilation thing. If not, and it is a totally new continuation, I hope that they will have Kozue Amano's input.
ernie2492

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
tcdelaney wrote:
All I can say is "woohoo!".

And please don't have too much Cait Sith in it. I don't have anything against it specifically, but never felt that it fit in with the rest of the world.

Not really, I'm enjoyed Cait Sith story (especially navigation 53)
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
Wow, Sato's on a roll this year with all those Tamayura movies and now this Surprised

But, if the manga has ended and been covered completely by the previous TV series and OVA, that means this new anime will be all new material not by the original author, which has me worried about continuity and canon and such Neutral

I don't think you have to worry too much about that as Sato knows what he is doing with that sort of thing. After all he made the anime original character Ai which was liked so much by the Mangaka that she got made an official character in the manga.

But seriously this has to be like the absolute best news! Aria is my absolute favorite show and I have to admit to being just a slightly bit in love with Akari :S I really didn't think this was possible!!!
xpaydayx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES AND MORE YESS!!!!!!!!!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see an OVA around Ai training under Akari. Actually, anything is welcome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Misopup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Tokyopop only published half of the series. There's 12 volumes of "Aria". TP only put six into print.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4