• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Persona 5 Trailer Shows Phantom Thief Gameplay

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to play this, I love that you get to be a phantom thief! And the menus look amazing.
spoiler[To those who want the Persona 3 protagonist back, that would be a horrible choice, considering the theme of the game. I would hate it if they did that]
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
And IGN wrote that this would be the darkest Persona (P2 killed nearly all of humanity) ever after watching the very first teaser. As if.

Yeah, I'm not sure where that is coming from. I could pretty easily believe that it might be darker than P4 since that was a very light-hearted game, but I'm not getting the feeling that the game will be extremely dark. At least not yet.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
ok i feel like i missed something critical with people saying it would be bad to spoiler[bring the p3 MC back to life] just what was the overall theme of the game because i thought it was about spoiler[defying fate and rejecting the inevitability of the end for the sake of a brighter future. And of the strength of bonds and the will of a few to live can surpass the desire of the entire world to die/despair]
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Love how stylish the UI was. Didn't even realize it was the UI till a second rewatch. On my radar.
ShindoW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I got a rather superhero vibe from the entire thing. I'm pleased it looks different enough from 3 and 4 to make it interesting. I'm not 100% fond of the outside battle mechanics because they tend to put in annoying "minigames" of sorts, which irritate me, but at least its something new.

(For the record 2 is my favorite. I loved 4 until Marie was added... ugh. Just no.)

Also, the girl reminds me a little of Lisa from P2 and Catherine. Anime hyper
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:49 am Reply with quote
Ok, I'm officially hyped too. Art direction looks great and super stylish, just what I expect from a Persona game. Also happy the setting is back in the big city. The game looks like an enhanced version of the Catherine engine, which is definitely a good thing. Loved seeing all those NPCs in the background, really adds to the city atmosphere, and I swear that was Vincent in the trailer.

Gameplay-wise, it looks like they added action/platforming elements to the dungeons. That's great, since the dungeons in P3 and P4 got repetitive pretty quickly. Actually, I hope we get actual "designed" dungeons instead of randomized ones. Music is too early to judge, the trailer music was alright. But I wanna hear some of the vocal tracks.

My only gripe is no release date yet. I have a strong feeling it might be close to summer or summer for Japan and probably fall for the rest of the world. And I'm definitely going PS4 on this game.

Anyway, unless FF 15 comes out this year (lol), Persona 5 is probably my rpg (possibly game) of the year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3