• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vertical Adds Kizumonogatari Novel, Seraph of the End Novels, Ninja Slayer Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
This is fantastic news! I adore the Monogatari franchise so I'm definitely purchasing this. I can understand ehy they went with Kizumono first, but I'm okay with that decision. It sounds like NisiOisin's staff are helping out so I expect a pretty faithful translation.

Adds it to the list of light novels I have to but this year.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:47 am Reply with quote
Awesome news! Will be pre-ordering Kizu. If we can't get the movie, at least we'll get the novel.

Fingers crossed things go well for Vertical and we get to see more of the Monogatari novels translated and released. I'm in for the whole series.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:55 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this creates a Stateside Nisio hype that leads to Viz bringing us Medaka Box.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
The fact that the manga is published by Shueisha but competitor Kodansha publishes the novels is interesting. I wonder why the publishing rights were agreed to be with 1 company.
captainbanana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting for the Monogatari novels for years now so this is greatly appreciated. Hopefully enough of us will buy it that they'll keep going.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
News like this just illustrates the huge gap between publishing of light novels in English and in other languages.

Anyone who reads Chinese but not Japanese would be only 1-2 books behind the latest Japanese release because of the huge demand for translations in Taiwan, Hong Kong and possibly Mainland China.

It's a niche area, so a LOT of buyers will be required if fans who can't read Japanese are going to see more of the series outside of home-brew translations.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:44 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Hopefully this creates a Stateside Nisio hype that leads to Viz bringing us Medaka Box.

Oh, that didn't even cross my mind. I'd be up for Medaka Box getting an English release. Really enjoyed the first season of the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2