• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The World God Only Knows' Wakaki Starts New Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I look forward to checking this out.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
The Screw People? That can have one of two definitions.
1. The characters are screwed up because of past events in their life.
2. The characters like to screw people. Laughing

The World God Only Knows was a very enjoyable show, though the way they map it out to be a harem kind of killed the hype, but it was very engaging to see Keima win over each girl's heart with his experience in dating sims. Not to mention it housed one of my favorite idols of all time. Who could forget best girl Haqua? Man, it's nostalgic just thinking back. One of the very first anime I ever watched. Truly a great experience, though it did have its problems. Going off of this mindset I wonder what the new series will be like. Most likely another romance if I'm not wrong.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Well that's a simple premise but given what I know of the author and just recent works in general I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
The other spinoff TWGOK series about the trains was imo fairly disappointing so I hope this upcoming series will be much better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aereus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I see it more as the threads on a screw -- their thoughts keep cycling back to the same things and/or degenerate towards a certain end. Unable to escape a rut, etc.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:00 pm Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
I see it more as the threads on a screw -- their thoughts keep cycling back to the same things and/or degenerate towards a certain end. Unable to escape a rut, etc.

Yea or like they are "screwed in place" in life, by teachers/adults/the system. Meaning they have no sense of direction except by the ones holding the screwdriver.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:42 am Reply with quote
This could be interesting. I really liked the TWGOK manga and anime so I'm interested in seeing what he does here even if the premise isn't much to go off of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1