• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Permanently Changing Username? Or Other Options?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FMABleach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Could any of the admins and mods help me with something? I wish to permanently change my username to SamuraiNinjaDragon, but you are only allowed to fix spelling errors. Another option would be create a new account with a different email, but I am almost sure it's against the forum rules and I can't do that. And there's no way to delete your account on this site. What do I do? This was a username I had when I was a fan of Bleach years ago when I first made the account. And I thought the new username would be much cooler and better looking. Please help. :/

Any suggestions and advice is welcome, but please don't be rude about it. (the forum rules apply here too by the way Wink )

Thanks in advance for the help! Very Happy
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
In the upper right-hand corner is your user name. Click on it. Everything else should be self-explanatory.
FMABleach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
In the upper right-hand corner is your user name. Click on it. Everything else should be self-explanatory.

As I said before, I can't change my name completely because it's against one of the rules. When I go to click on "change username", it says I can only tweak it a little bit. Here's proof:

Quote:
You may tweak your username's punctuation and capitalization only.
(Because of our no identity switcheroos policy.)
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
^
Indeed; you may be outta luck, then.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
You know, FMABleach, making a new account is tacitly allowed if:

1): you are not trying to avoid a ban, which you're obviously not,

and

2): you never use the old account again

I've seen plenty of people make new accounts, even well-known users who'd already made thousands of posts. And heck, if you'd made one without telling anyone then nobody would've even known.

You've made a measly ninety-one posts in six full years of being on the site. I don't think anyone is going to mind if you make a new account.
FMABleach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
^
Indeed; you may be outta luck, then.

Yup Anime hyper

dtm42 wrote:
You know, FMABleach, making a new account is tacitly allowed if:

1): you are not trying to avoid a ban, which you're obviously not,

and

2): you never use the old account again

I've seen plenty of people make new accounts, even well-known users who'd already made thousands of posts. And heck, if you'd made one without telling anyone then nobody would've even known.

You've made a measly ninety-one posts in six full years of being on the site. I don't think anyone is going to mind if you make a new account.

1. Right Smile

2. Agreed. I see some old posts of mine from many years ago that I'm not proud of at all >____< wow I wasn't very mature back then in some of those posts. Ugh....it burns. Luckily, it was only a small number of my 90+ posts.

Oh, I guess I didn't know that. Here, I was trying to make sure I didn't break any of the rules (it's best that I don't get on any of the admins and mods' bad side, right? ^^). Yes, it's true. I guess for years, I wasn't really all that active. I hope that I can be more active with a new account (if my busy schedule allows it).

I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be breaking a rule if I went with making a new account. I thought it would be good to start fresh with a new account and a new look. While it would be sad to say bye to almost 100 posts, it will probably motivate me to be more active and this time make more mature posts and what not.

If it really is ok with the admins and mods, I'll go for it. Very Happy

Thanks nbahn and especially you dtm42 for your replies and thanks again to you dtm42 for your words of wisdom and kind words. I can now make a new account without fearing a ban for doing so. I never broke a rule on this forum before, so I admit I was nervous about doing this. Thanks again, guys!

This is FMABleach's final comment on this account.

My new account will be SamuraiNinjaDragon! Very Happy

NOTE TO MODS AND ADMINS!!!

Please lock this thread since the question has been answered. If you wish to also delete this thread, go for it. Thanks.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Very well -- locking thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1