• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aimer to Sing Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works' 2nd Season Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. Listened to a couple of her sample songs before and it seems alright. If she can keep up the style of 'Hollow World', then it'll definitely be worth listening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
OMFG!!!! YES!!!! This is why I love Fate, they choose the best singers.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it can top Ideal white but let's hope it's addictive
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even like Ideal White. It didn't sound anything special to me so I'm extreamly happy that Aimer is doing the second OP. I adore her voice.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I also didn't really care for the first OP song. It wasn't bad, but it didn't really feel like a Fate song; all of the three opening songs for the Vita version of stay night felt much more appropriate and what I would expect.

So it's nice to see Aimer this time around. I think her vocals on the new hollow ataraxia openings were very fitting, and I hope that this new OP has a similar style.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
I'm glad Aimer is singing the 2th Opening. I love both of the Openings She did for the Vita port of Fate/Hollow ataraxia, especially Broken Night. I hope it's as good as them.
konqueror

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
Fate/hollow ataraxia OPs by aimer (spoilers ahead)

OP1:
https://vimeo.com/119683637

OP2:
https://vimeo.com/119683638
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
I don't really care who does it as long as the end product is good. Ideal White was great as an opening, so I hope we can get something just as good.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
After the train-wreck that was the first season's opening for UBW this will be good by comparison.....I hope
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
After the train-wreck that was the first season's opening for UBW this will be good by comparison.....I hope

What was wrong with Ideal White? It was a very good opening in my opinion. Just because it might not have been the same style for the Fate series doesn't mean it deserves to be called a train wreck.
konqueror

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
What was wrong with Ideal White? It was a very good opening in my opinion. Just because it might not have been the same style for the Fate series doesn't mean it deserves to be called a train wreck.

ideal white was okay, but not for Fate IMO.
mckg1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Cannot wait for the second season ! Very Happy.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:

ideal white was okay, but not for Fate IMO.

And I'm not saying that you're wrong, just that Ideal White doesn't deserve to be called a train wreck.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

The most generic song and opening animation I ever saw. It lacked any substance and flavour by comparison to other fate openings. Considering how big the franchise is, it was laughable how uncreative it was
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

The most generic song and opening animation I ever saw. It lacked any substance and flavour by comparison to other fate openings. Considering how big the franchise is, it was laughable how uncreative it was

You think Ideal White's opening was bad? Have you seen the Second Season of Tokyo Ghoul? I'm not even gonna bother arguing with you. Everyone has different tastes in music I suppose. I don't know what your definition of creative is, but that opening was a great opening.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1