• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hiroshi Kamiya Leads Denpa Kyōshi TV Anime's Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting....

Am I safe to assume this could be a 2 cour? Also, I heard about the series to air on a mainstream TV spot so that's quite something as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:00 am Reply with quote
Please give OnoD another role in the series and make this seiyuu fangirl happy? =3
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
Ah, glad to see more info on this. Curious to see what they will do for the rest of the cast.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Please give OnoD another role in the series and make this seiyuu fangirl happy? =3

They usually get to act along eachother; Shingeki no Kyojin's Levi & Erwin Smith, Working!!'s Sōma Hiro'omi & Satō Jun, Ao no Exorcist's Mephisto Pheles & Arthur Auguste Angel, Kuroko no Basket's Akashi Seijurō & Midorima Shintarō or Durarara!!'s Orihara Izaya & Heiwajima Shizuo (Kamiya Hiroshi role, Ono Daisuke role).

Although they have played without the other one (Kamiya as One Piece's Trafalgar Law or as Araragi Koyomi in the Monogatari Series; Ono as Sebastian Michaelis in Kuroshitsuji or as Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic's Sinbad)

Regarding the re-cast: I don't know, as I wrote, Kamiya has played in the comical Slice-of-Life show Working!!, and I liked the performance, but it worked (pun not intended Laughing ) because his character was condescending and arrogant, something that this show's MC isn't (or at least that was the synopsis of him sounds like).
DDragonking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
^ Kana Hanazawa, Nyarko's va, Saori Hayami, and Kirino's va are probably gonna be in it because of the tons of girls also probably Chitoge's va
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Hmm, interesting....

Am I safe to assume this could be a 2 cour? Also, I heard about the series to air on a mainstream TV spot so that's quite something as well.

With 14 vol. already out, that's perhaps enough material to have 2 cour but perhaps fillers will be included.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:

Now you have to suffer like us Rinne fans mwahahaha

Anyway, I thought Ono did a good job as him in the CMs, not sure why the change. I'm not a crazy fangirl of Ono or anything, but he does have a good voice, and he fit the character surprisingly well.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
GokuMew2 wrote:

They usually get to act along eachother; Shingeki no Kyojin's Levi & Erwin Smith, Working!!'s Sōma Hiro'omi & Satō Jun, Ao no Exorcist's Mephisto Pheles & Arthur Auguste Angel, Kuroko no Basket's Akashi Seijurō & Midorima Shintarō or Durarara!!'s Orihara Izaya & Heiwajima Shizuo (Kamiya Hiroshi role, Ono Daisuke role).

Although they have played without the other one (Kamiya as One Piece's Trafalgar Law or as Araragi Koyomi in the Monogatari Series; Ono as Sebastian Michaelis in Kuroshitsuji or as Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic's Sinbad)

Regarding the re-cast: I don't know, as I wrote, Kamiya has played in the comical Slice-of-Life show Working!!, and I liked the performance, but it worked (pun not intended Laughing ) because his character was condescending and arrogant, something that this show's MC isn't (or at least that was the synopsis of him sounds like).

Not quite sure you felt the need to give me a list of their roles. I'm a huge fan of both Kamiya and OnoD-- I'm quite aware of series they've been together in and others. ^^;;;

Kamiya is very versatile. He's voiced plenty of non-condescending comical characters: Yato, Riku, Penguin, Erec, etc.

mewpudding101 wrote:
Now you have to suffer like us Rinne fans mwahahaha

Anyway, I thought Ono did a good job as him in the CMs, not sure why the change. I'm not a crazy fangirl of Ono or anything, but he does have a good voice, and he fit the character surprisingly well.

Guess it's kinda like how Fukuyama replaced Onosaka as Korosensei in Ansatsu Kyoushitsu. I thought Onosaka was perfect as Korosensei but now that I've heard Fukuyama, I can't argue with the change.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:03 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Not quite sure you felt the need to give me a list of their roles. I'm a huge fan of both Kamiya and OnoD-- I'm quite aware of series they've been together in and others. ^^;;;

Sorry Anime smile + sweatdrop I got in the groove.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

The Japanese title of the manga literally means "Electromagnetic-Wave Teacher," a reference to the term denpa-kei for people who act bizarrely, such as extreme otaku. The slang was coined from people who claimed their actions were caused by electromagnetic waves (denpa) they received.

People have been wearing their tinfoil hats for decades
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1