• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Old Video Troubleshooting

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:07 am Reply with quote
DonQuigleone wrote:
ss-hikaru wrote:
Hello, I hope I'm in the right place! I was watching Tiger and Bunny episode 14 (Love is Blind) and around 12-13 minutes in, the subs stopped matching up with the audio. I tried refreshing the page and using 480 instead of the 360 I usually use but it kept stuffing up at the same point. It's the part where the director of Hero TV introduces the 'second league' heroes to Tiger and Bunny. The audio has them say 'yoroshiku onegaishimasu' while the video is still on the audience, and the subs only start when it cuts to the heros. This results in the subs being around 2 lines behind the audio. Is it just me or is it the video? I'll try it again later, but just thought I'd bring it up in case there actually was a problem.

Thanks!

Seconding. I'm having the same problem. Real downer, I want to finish the episode...

Seems to be all good now ^^
Nekusagi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Did Funimation take xxxHolic down? I tried watching the dub today- it worked yesterday- and the video won't start now.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
There are 24 episodes of xxxHolic on Hulu, both sub and dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Got another subtitle conversion error on Steins;Gate 9 - missing the é from café again at 15:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote
Just added a fix to remove accents from subtitles since the player doesn't seem to handle them very well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Anyway else having problems gettin Deadman Wonderland 10 to play in 720p? I just get a black window until I switch down to 480p.

--edit--

and and there's a repeated word in the subs at 4:35

and and a freakingg repeated letter at 10:09

--edit--

Deadman Wonderland 11 is listed on the site as "Gig of Mystery", however the title in the subs is given as "Gig of Misery", which corresponds to the Japanese title of 絶望のGIG.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll is experiencing difficulty broadcasting in 720 and this will affect any ANN video distributing from the same source.

Just a head's up.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Last I heard you couldn't embed Crunchyroll videos at 720p anyway. Are there still Crunchyroll videos on the US side of ANN? We've got none in the UK any more (prior to AoD they were the only videos on here).
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Last I heard you couldn't embed Crunchyroll videos at 720p anyway.

ANN doesn't seem to be embedding videos, merely pulling from the same source. The errors you noted above are also on the CR version(s), which is how I know there's a connection.

I spotted the same errors when I watched it, so they caught my attention here. Razz
Genten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Hello! I decided to watch Tiger&Bunny episode 14 today and noticed something funny: there were no subs! I checked throughout the whole video and none seemed to show up. The rest of the video plays fine. Just a lack of subs. I'm not quite ready for raw anime yet, ANN Laughing

I've noticed that the video on Hulu's website doesn't have subs either, though, so maybe it's a problem on their end. If it is, sorry for bugging ya.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so I'm trying to watch an ANN-exclusive video-- in this case, Kannagi, since that's going to go down soon-- and... nothing is happening. I click the center-screen "play" icon, there's a short loading icon, and I arrive at a blank, widescreen-enabled screen. Nothing happens; I can't play or fast forward the media player progress bar (or whatever that's called). There isn't an error message indicating that anything is wrong, either. And when I go into fullscreen mode, the blank white screen retains the same width as it was at the lower screen size. Now, I think I've had this issue before with another show or two whose videos weren't tied to Hulu or something-other, but now it's really bothering me.

It isn't as if I've never played an ANN-exclusive show off my Macbook's Safari browser before; I sat through all of Oreimo without a hitch. Any idea what the trouble might be?

Last edited by Animerican14 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nashmj

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Alright, so I'm tying to watch an ANN-exclusive video-- in this case, Kannagi, since that's going to go down soon-- and... nothing is happening. I click the center-screen "play" icon, there's a short loading icon, and I arrive at a blank, widescreen-enabled screen. Nothing happens; I can't play or fast forward the media player progress bar (or whatever that's called). There isn't an error message indicating that anything is wrong, either. And when I go into fullscreen mode, the blank white screen retains the same width as it was at the lower screen size. Now, I think I've had this issue before with another show or two whose videos weren't tied to Hulu or something-other, but now it's really bothering me.

It isn't as if I've never played an ANN-exclusive show off my Macbook's Safari browser before; I sat through all of Oreimo without a hitch. Any idea what the trouble might be?

I'm having the same problem, using Chrome.
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 am Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue with Kannagi and also with Nobody's Boy Remi. It's a real bummer because I want to finish Kannagi before it expires. I hope they fix the issue soon!
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
Well, this morning both videos are loading just fine for me. Don't know if anyone fixed it, or it was just magic, but thanks!
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote
Ugh, I'm still having the same problem. I thought that the coast was clear when I was able to see episode 1 of Kannagi just fine about 6 hours ago, but now I can't see episode 2 (or any other) at this time, with the same symptoms as previously stated. Is the server overloading or something from all the people trying to watch it? (is that even possible, here?)

Edit as of 7/11: Alright, so I was (finally) able to see episodes 2 & 3 of Kannagi, and saw 4 and most of 5 today.... but in trying to re-load the video for episode 5, I've been encountering the same exact issue yet again. I think I'm able to get the first second or 2 of the show's opening sometimes, but that's it. It seems that so far, I've only been able to see the first 5 episodes out of some combination of constantly reloading the page and sheer luck. I'll keep trying and hoping to be lucky in the mean time, but I really don't want this to keep happening for this series, or any other 1st party content for that matter in the future-- never had this problem when I watched Oreimo last year....

Last edited by Animerican14 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 11