• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime Kisses Heard 'Round the World

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeMuyou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
For the really old-school, I would have to give my vote to Kimagure Orange Road TV's ending kiss between Kasuga Kyosuke and Ayukawa Madoka, who was the first tsundere ("A--A--Ayukawa!" *slap!*) I ever saw in an anime ~20 years before the word was even invented.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
The Naruto/Hinata kiss from the new Shippuden movie is also a somewhat notable and recent anime kiss.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Seven anime characters kissing each other. It's an extremely appropriate list for Valentine's Day.
AnimusPrime

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised these didn't make the list:
Guts x Casca (Berserk [1997])
Jubei x Kagero (Ninja Scroll)
Kouta x Lucy (Elfen Lied)
Kamina x Yoko (Gurren Lagann)
Naota x Haruko (FLCL)
Kyon x Haruhi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Hoorah! My boy Makoto was number 1 (even though Rin is usually the American favorite so...). Surprised Kamina is still popular but I'm glad he and Mustang are on the list.

Anthy & Utena's kiss in the film was pretty strange since they are racing in a graveyard naked but very memorable. Super glad Shion & Nezumi are included since they are one of the few non-yaoi LGBTQ characters in anime.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, to repeat what I said before the posts were lost, the Ryuji x Taiga kiss from Toradora is my favorite anime kiss. That was just such a wonderful, and emotional, scene.

Also, I like dark chocolate the best. I eat tons of chocolate, probably too much.
BlahhxP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm mostly likely showing my age here, but i had to chose Train from Black Cat. If i was a guy, we would have some awesome Bromance Anime hyper But since i'm a woman and i had a crush on Train back in my teens (ya way back in the early 2000s lol) I don't know how long a friendship with Train would last before it escalates Anime hyper *Sigh* Fantisies ~

I mean look at this man!

As for these kisses... Man the first one made me wanna gag...
But number one is a nice one . i saw the clip and it was nice lol Embarassed
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I like the ones listed. I shall add:

In Gankutsuou, spoiler[Albert and Eugenie] at the airport. For some reason, it's one of my favorite anime kisses. It just looks...real.

Others are spoiler[Haruka and Kamina], in RahXephon, Guts x Casca and Kyon x Haruhi (as mentioned by AnimusPrime, though for me Berserk will always be a manga reference since I couldn't sit the through the anime), and Sorata and Arashi in X.
jomy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
I can't believe that Fushigi Yuugi's Miaka and Tamahome didn't make this list.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:56 am Reply with quote
Louise and Saito's first kiss in Familiar of Zero on the back of dragon was a pretty awesome one.

And of course when Shana and Yuuji finally kissed in Shakugan no Shana Final, that was a very satisying one too.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
I would say that the description of Shion and Nezumi's kiss is a little misleading because it's not actually a happy or warm one at all. I am, however, glad that they made it onto the list because the kiss certainly stirred a few different emotions in me even if they weren't necessarily all positive ones.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:37 am Reply with quote
Romeo x Juliet was a pretty good one with fireworks in the background and the song "You Raise Me Up".

I think Ryuji x Taiga was one of the best ones and surprised it wasn't actually #1.
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:51 am Reply with quote
AnimeMuyou wrote:
For the really old-school, I would have to give my vote to Kimagure Orange Road TV's ending kiss between Kasuga Kyosuke and Ayukawa Madoka, who was the first tsundere ("A--A--Ayukawa!" *slap!*) I ever saw in an anime ~20 years before the word was even invented.

I second this, as well as Yusaku Godai and Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku as it took practically 80 episodes for it to happen. Still a classic though ;P
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:52 am Reply with quote
Revy and Rock? No way. Iason and Riki's indirect version is the best.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:06 am Reply with quote
I found the kissing/ pretend wedding scene of Taiga and Ryūji to be the defining moment of ToraDora. They really wanted to take their romance to the next level.

In the case of Neon Genesis Evangelion, I got plenty of humor out of that moment of Shinji and Asuka.

The Chocolate Poll: I tend to enjoyably consume dark chocolate, but I'll bite down on the white kind whenever it's available.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3