• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica/Fate/Durarara Creators' RPG Project Inspire Chaos Dragon Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty cool and in an age of adaptations and reboots, if animating a TRPG transcript is what gets some originality, I'm all for it. After all, isn't that what the Slayers novels were?
LokiReed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Wish cat girl had more clothes where there aren't as many clothes.......
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
Wait so these writers AREN'T writing the seires what was their part in making it?

I mean I get they've made up characters and stuff and played with them D&D style but how will the writer will make this into an anime series?

Probably promotional consideration. At this point industry producers know that their names even being mentioned in conjunction with a project alone will attracts attention, praise and hype. The series composition is credited to Shou Aikawa so that's who I'm considering the actual writer on this project.

Personally I find all those big names tired and played out and increasingly nothing special beyond how hyped up other people get over them. I mean the stuff they written is like...okay I guess, usually backed by big budgets and action set pieces as well to make up for the weaker portions of a given story, but like they just don't particularly mean anything extra special to me so I'd rather know more about the project itself at this point than having these same old names and how they created something thrown at me over and over and over again as a reason to take an interest in an upcoming show has been the case of late. Like industry, you CAN create something action/fantasy oriented without having to have Urobuchi or Nasu's name attached to it still can't you? If not than why am I even still bothering? Rolling Eyes

Mercifully some people in the thread have pointed out something that I think others should seriously consider in that just because you throw a bunch of the same old popular names at a project that aren't even going to be involved with it beyond the promotional phase like the industry has been doing with far too many things of late doesn't automatically mean it's going to be any sort of particular masterpiece let alone good.

Last edited by Kaioshin_Sama on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Who plays tabletop RPG there anymore!
Aquaregia99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I find the announcement less interesting and amusing than the fact that all of these creative minds played a pen and paper rpg together.

But as has been previously stated, this sounds like they are adapting a replay of the session into a show much the same as Record of the Lodoss Wars.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:15 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Why don't you play tabletop RPGs? Do you hate fun?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:07 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Why don't you play tabletop RPGs? Do you hate fun?

There in Japan?
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I remember hearing about the start of the Red Dragon project a few years ago. Was wondering what happened to it, or if anything would be developed from it.
renstocke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
The music composer made the music for Final Fantasy Tactics! That will definitely set the tone of the adaptation.

Here is the OST back in 2012 for Red Dragon:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1yOE0m_0otTDMF8_HOheqsZTd7dHCiU3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2