• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Blockade Battlefront (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:19 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Weren't we supposed to get the finale on Saturday? What happened to it this time?

Funimation said that they will stream it later this week. The episode did come out though and is twice the usual length.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale):

Hmm, I finished the episode after seeing it on TV again and it's 46 minutes long plus that ED theme song. Somehow, I didn't find the finale as enjoyable as expected For this series, I find it more enjoyable when it was having fun like that one episode with the hamburgers rather than taking on a serious route. Although understandable for plot purposes, I just find it less enjoyable in that way.

Overall, I still liked this series though. Quite memorable especially the first half. The inner dialogues and stuff related to Black, White, Leonardo, etc. wasn't as strong as I had hoped. I did like how they played the OP theme song one last time though in the second half of the finale since it's one of my favorites from the Spring Season. Going to rate this very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I felt episode 12 was sort of weak as well, mostly because the whole King of Despair thing was the weakest link of the series to me. The humor in this episode reminded me of how it played out during the boxing episode, with a bit too many facial expressions close-ups and shouting, which for this series I'm not too much of a fan of. Aside from that, it was alright. Compared to the heights the series had reached before, it felt very underwhelming, and the wait made it all the more so. Still, the start and middle points were very very entertaining, so it'll probably still a hold a very good place in my yearly rankings.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Yes, we can finally mark this off as watched. My thoughts for the final episode? A little confused, which makes me feel in turn a little disappointed. It is not like I don't know the basis of what is happening, it is just that the show seemed to wanted to stay away from actually explaining it. The best part has to be what they already worked on, a kind of thrill at partying with the strange and abnormal. Femt decides on a whim that it would be far more entertaining just to let Leo go since Leo does not want play with him, to which he explains to the King of Despair that he needs more randomness, Femt then joins Aligura in watching the events in a Halloween party as King of Despair decides to spice things up. So we see a bunch of animal headed zombies, kind of random, but on point of this being an immortal god's Halloween party.

But it kind of keeps a distance from its characters, or at least keeps asking a question without clearly answering it. Did the King of Despair want to be stopped? It ended with seeing that William (Black) did want to live, so Mary (White) was then able to act to save him and the world. And so Mary is sacrificed, Leo helped her and saved the world, but in doing so he lost his girlfriend. After we spent the previous episode learning the deal about Mary, she has to give up her life, which is kind of sad. So we end with Leo sister with his letter of events, his sister.... has space eyes?

We did get an ending, and I am trying to draw on memories of the series to build an opinion. I think it worked strongest when it let itself be weird and fun, and there were a bunch of episodes that focused on that. I even think episode 11 was pretty cool in how it presented itself. But it was not always consistent in what it was, although also could be a treat to watch. I think that I will rate it Good, it was worth seeing overall, with some episodes better than others.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
Looking for Leonardo in midst of chaos.
A game for some, but serious task for others.
Libra had their hands full.
Action filled final episode, as expected!
Glad everything got resolved and explained just like it should ^^
Still, it was sad seeing White sacrifice herself..
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm was too busy being distracted by the poor timing and translation order of the subs...

Anyways, a decent finale, but not really worth the wait. Sucks White didn't make it, though. The storyline involving her was the only part of the show I got really invested in. Since I know it's anime original, I have no desire to pick up the manga.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Poor Leo. I would have bawled like that too.

But, honestly, I also felt the episode was underwhelming. The pacing and odd storytelling of BBB has always made each episode a bit jarring to watch the first time around, and this one was definitely no exception. I mean, it's still an enjoyable series to watch (especially with a few drinks in you lol), but they could have taken it a bit easy with all the jumping around.

Still, the characters were great, the episodes were entertaining, and the plot (?) was adequate. I would rate the season as very good, simply because it has this sort of novelty about it. Don't know if I'll feel the same in a few months, though, but I'll definitely purchase the dub version regardless.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
So while ANN hasn't reported it yet, a second season was announced.

Honestly I don't know if it'll be worth watching with White gone...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I'll check it out. I wasn't blown away by the story BBB had to tell, but I did like the visuals.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
The second season is airing for Fall.

The new preview published last month impressed me again with Bones' quality and I hope they make this work. It will be 12 episodes again (I hope there won't be any major delays like last time though)
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 #1

If it's pretty visuals and nonsensical action one looks for when watching a series, then this series delivers in spades. It's also a barrel of laughs along the way because of the sheer insanity and inanity that accompanies the actions scenes.

I actually like the one-off episodes like this best since I don't really think much of the main plotline. Leonardo outside of his omnipotent eyes isn't really capable of anything on his own and he needs the help of his Libra colleagues to stay in one piece most of the time. This episode does little to change the running joke set since episode 1 of the first season.

It seems his younger sister plays a major role in this series, what with the same special eyes and all. How much of a role remains to be seen since I doubt there's going to be much of a main plot until 3 or 4 episodes down the road.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Awesome first episode for the sequel. I got the feel of the first season back with the humor, action, and character interactions.

I think it was very easy to get into this sequel again especially if you've enjoyed the previous season. Zapp is still very fun to watch because of his personality while the rest of the main cast has their own roless that I found entertaining.

The killer soundtrack is still present and something I find pretty pleasing to listen to. And not to mention, the crazy action scenes are still there. Great start for the second season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed seeing dorky Leonardo with him going on about his X Station. Also, a couple of references like Zapp saying he was being like Spider-Man, and Doug mentioning a movie that ended with schwarma, a nod to The Avengers that also had a destructive battle in New York with aliens.

Of course Femt would come up with something twisted like that. I also liked the touch of Leonardo asking what Klaus he was doing, because of course Klaus they should have been able to deal someone like the head guy no problem.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote

The Great Collapse did strange things to New York City, but fusing a hospital in the human world with that of the beyond and equipping it with the manpower and personnel to treat any patient regardless of their origin a completely unexpected achievement.

Dr Estevez looks like she got a considerable upgrade having accepted the offer at death's door. Since she shows up in the ED animation, does that mean she and the rest of the hospital staff become semi-regular cast members?

The pair didn't have the God Eyes back then to help, but thanks to Leo's invaluable support they get to settle the duel that was suspended for three years. As always the visuals for this series won't disappoint any who watch it specifically for the eye candy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:06 am Reply with quote
Well Klaus looked like he had some chemistry with her when they met, so maybe something there. I think she is an interesting addition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12