• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Blockade Battlefront (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:06 am Reply with quote
Season 2 reminds me of how awesome Klaus is.

Neat background storytelling too about the fictional New York from 3 years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get into this season with no White. But I'm happy that they're acknowledging that she existed instead of pretending the anime original stuff didn't happen.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Not sure about what I just finished watching. Nothing really much happens, Leonardo gets into trouble and refuses to use his eyes to resolve matters even though he's done it to save his life time and time again. Chain gets into a drinking contest with a cocky outsider and hustles them out of cash and organs. Steven has a house-warming party which turns out to be slightly more than he bargained for. Zapp being typical Zapp getting into trouble because of his women problems.

The main story is definitely something to do with Leonardo's sister who has the same eyes he does based on the OP animation. Yet all viewers get is another reminder of why Leonardo is in Hellsalem's Lot in the first place. Surely something HAS to happen with respect to the main plot?!

Steven arguably got most of the spotlight this week. It looks like Chain Sumeragi is due to take her bow next week.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
The main story is definitely something to do with Leonardo's sister who has the same eyes he does based on the OP animation. Yet all viewers get is another reminder of why Leonardo is in Hellsalem's Lot in the first place. Surely something HAS to happen with respect to the main plot?!

I'm pretty sure that his sister does *not* have the same eyes as Leonardo. When she opened them, IIRC, there were stars in her eyes. They didn't do that weird lensing effect that Leonardo's eyes do whenever he opens them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:

Not sure about what I just finished watching. Nothing really much happens, Leonardo gets into trouble and refuses to use his eyes to resolve matters even though he's done it to save his life time and time again. Chain gets into a drinking contest with a cocky outsider and hustles them out of cash and organs. Steven has a house-warming party which turns out to be slightly more than he bargained for. Zapp being typical Zapp getting into trouble because of his women problems.

Typical day in the life stuff.

Gee Chain, if you were gonna help Leo anyways perhaps you should have just prevented him from being beat up in the first place rather than take the roundabout manner.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:01 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

I'm pretty sure that his sister does *not* have the same eyes as Leonardo. When she opened them, IIRC, there were stars in her eyes. They didn't do that weird lensing effect that Leonardo's eyes do whenever he opens them.

Can't really tell the difference in the pattern to be honest. Both of them keep their eyes shut and when opened they're unnaturally blue. I keep thinking the eyes are the same based on the encounter they reminded viewers early in the episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:51 am Reply with quote
Poor Leonardo and Steven. Zapp, just a typical Zapp misadventure.

Well I don't think Steven got more than he bargained for, he clearly knew from at least the start of the party were likely not going to go friendly Since he prepared his attack earlier.

I don't supposed Chain might have given Leonardo back his money?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I don't supposed Chain might have given Leonardo back his money?

She did. You see his wallet sticking out the back of his shirt at the end.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

She did. You see his wallet sticking out the back of his shirt at the end.

With or without the money originally in it?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
Why would she go through all that trouble just to return an empty wallet to him?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Why would she go through all that trouble just to return an empty wallet to him?

It's quite possible the punk who beat Leonardo up earlier in the episode spent all of the money on drinks prior to the latter showing up with his stun baton.

Either way Leonardo's out of luck. Not sure if the tooth he lost could be saved with some money at the local dentist. I don't think he got the stun baton for free either.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
It's quite possible the punk who beat Leonardo up earlier in the episode spent all of the money on drinks prior to the latter showing up with his stun baton.

Potentially, sure. But Chain also stole those guys' wallets and could have restocked Leo's.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Potentially, sure. But Chain also stole those guys' wallets and could have restocked Leo's.

Hopefully what money remained was enough to buy hangover medication for Chain and to cover Leonardo's remittance to his sister (and a tooth replacement).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
#3Surely something HAS to happen with respect to the main plot?!

That would be lovely, but I've given up any hope of that actually happening.

The Germans are good at coming up with words like schadenfreude to label fun concepts like "taking pleasure in the misfortune of others" so I wonder if there is a German word to describe the sensation I have in watching this show: a feeling of enjoyment frequently punctuated by irritation.

I have really come to hate how the show views Leonardo as a punching bag. It delights in making sure that anything he likes is either destroyed or taken from him. Chain seeing him about to get beaten up and robbed and not doing anything about it is such a typical dick move for this show. I guess we are supposed to be amused by this.

Oh and wasn't it hilarious when that one woman tore another woman's breasts off using magic? I was rolling on the floor, I tells ya. Rolling Eyes
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote

I'm not terribly sure about the timing of this episode, since I recognise the Burger-crazy alien from Season 1 but the second half of the episode seems to take place either shortly afterwards or around the same time as the burger episode (which lasted two weeks in that universe if I recall).

We've had an episode delving into Steven's background via his off-duty day, now it's Chain Sumeragi's turn. I didn't realise she moonlights between the espionage agency (which gave her some kind of special token that is her "chain" to the world she inhabits) and the Libra lot (it seems both organisations work together and Chain probably gets paid by both parties to fund her alcohol binges).

Another thing I didn't realise was she had the hots for Steven. He's oblivious to it all but it seems both her bosses realise this and choose to keep their hands off unless absolutely required.

Of the five who work in the espionage agency, it seems Chain is the most talented since the other four got caught by the ex-colleague turned sensory monster almost instantly. Not sure what Chain did to slip the clutches initially but it's a clever way of resolving the sticky situation they found themselves in.

It's weird that the trailer leading in to this episode was narrated by Zapp who doesn't have much of a role to play at all this week. The butler did the trailer for next week but going by the episode title it seems he might have more relevance than Zapp did for this week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12