• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Blockade Battlefront (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Welp, another episode and another exercise in head-scratching for me as I really had no idea what the hell was going on. For some reason I thought chain was an invisible vampire, not werewolf. Go figure. I may not understand much about this show but I generally enjoy it, regardless.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:11 pm Reply with quote
The second season is really giving Chain more screen time. I like it tbh. She's an underrated character in this franchise and I'm glad she's getting more attention.

Not sure how I feel about the antagonists though. They just seem to be there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:23 am Reply with quote
So was Chain's strongest tie to the world something like the risk of someone (probably an attractive man) going to her apartment and seeing that it is a mess? Not sure how that goes with how earlier in the episode I was thinking she really needed to clean it up.

@ Blood-
Remember that the bad guys in the series are vampires, their organisation are especially vampire hunters.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:13 am Reply with quote
@ DP - actually, for a person like me who hasn't read the manga and only watched the first series once when it was originally broadcast, it's easy to forget that the bad guys are vampires... there have been so many other weird and wacky bad guys. Plus, just because there are "bad" vampires doesn't mean there aren't "good" vampires. Don't be so racist, DP! Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:21 am Reply with quote
I am not racist, I just don't like their naturally pale skin, and dirty blood where they have leeched off of others to fuel their circumstances, and act like they are just better. Wink

I too have had kind of a bad memory, only watching at initial run, vampires kind of taking a back seat in the first season after I think it moved into the major arc, and I kind of had a hard time figuring out what exactly made Chain a werewolf. Actually did not even remember her name until it came up again this season, and even then I was wondering if that was her name originally, but I do recall wondering something like that in the first season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:27 am Reply with quote
The other weird think is that I thought Zapp was a werewolf. He certainly exhibits more of the classic signs of lycanthropy, but that may just be because he's essentially a dog. Yeah, BBB has a weird concept of what constitutes a werewolf.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote

This time the spotlight falls on the bandaged butler Gilbert. To be honest I don't recall him doing anything more than staying in the shadows and driving the car in the first season. It's only in this episode that viewers unfamiliar with the source material find out just how dangerous he really is. As always, top quality over-the-top action delivered in spades as the episode title this week really does turn out as advertised.

FINALLY some semblance of the main plot for this season for next week as the trailer reveals a sneak peek into Leo's childhood. The side-stories are nice since many of the cast members didn't get any attention in the first season, but without an overarching storyline the series doesn't become more than a "Monster of the week in the craziest city on the planet" show.
einvaust

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I am until now....very-very confuse to people who thinking season 1 is best one....
for me is the same ....because many episode follow the story on manga, but only season 1 on story black & white is original on anime....
still confuse ...people who compare it...maybe never read the manga..
i have read it...and many story season 2 follow the manga "kekkai sensen" + new manga "kekkai sensen Back 2 Back"
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator
@Blood -

Chain is in love with Steven(whom of course is oblivious to her feelings),this emotional attachment acts as a ..chain or a link-

Her power is "erasing her presence", which allows her to pass through walls, defy gravity, and even erase her own causality.Chain will literally cease to exist if she spreads her existence too thinly,so downside there.

Only way for Chain to stop herself from fading from existence is the have "link(chain) to the world she wishes to return to". And that is having the man she is crushing hard on go into her room.

Both you should stop using their slave name and call em Blood Breeds not vampires. :p lol.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:08 am Reply with quote

I think I saw a similar pattern in season 1. Hints are given as to a main overarching storyline for each adaptation, but the arc only beings towards the very end of the season and finishes at the final episode. This second season doesn't appear to contradict what I remember from season 1.

It's nice to see the recurring characters from the otherworldly hospital again. Important role they play as well in being the authoritative voice cautioning Leonardo against forcefully removing the Eyes. Once the hints on the main storyline are finished with, it's back to the familiar pattern of "crisis of the week" which the Libra team manages to resolve.

I wonder what happened to Steven's luckless subordinate who stayed in the apartment when the insect entity hijacked it. Unfortunately it looks like she ended up as food or something worse since we don't see her again alive at the end.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Viewers might remember Zed O'Brien from his entrance late on in the first season, but it's only in this episode that we find out his background and the monetary costs associated with keeping him as an active member of the Libra organisation.

Zed's (and Zapp's) master has an incredibly gravelly voice which is made even harder to understand when the animators simulate his speech being heard through a water tank. Although the dialogue isn't too important initially, it's what he taught Zed later on which helped him step out into the outside world for the first time. He's had it rough, but it's clear he's very grateful to his Master for imparting the knowledge even though he'd forgotten the important breathing technique until later.

I think that was supposed to be the Head of State for the UK who was talking to the Walhalla armaments' CEO, what with the talk about 007 and Daniel Craig earlier in the episode. I can't remember which year this series is set in, but it can't be too far off into the future if she's who I think she is.

It looks like another background episode for one of the cast members next week. On top of that it's a multi-episode arc. It looks like Leonardo and Michella will only take the spotlight in December at the earliest.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 am Reply with quote
I got a chuckle at the inventive way Chain materialized on Zapp early on in the episode with her boot tips dragging down his lower lids. She's welcome to materialize on my face anytime, although hopefully in a less painful way. i guess maybe Hellsalem doesn't have an aquarium because if it did, that would have been a logical place for Zed to conduct a job search.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 pm Reply with quote
would you try and keep an aquarium running in a place full of strange creatures that would probably eat your attractions?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote

This is hands down the most bizarre and surreal story arc that has aired in this season to date. One can tell the overarching theme is strength and the perspective of the small and weak when they grasp a huge chance to turn the tables, but the whole premise behind the spontaneous multiple power-ups featured this week has to be the corniest joke ever.

It's a good excuse to get the Hummer twin act into the spotlight for once, since he seems to be a prisoner on account of his blood partner's capabilities. But even the strongest member of Libra can't do a thing against a being possessing the ability to absorb damage infinitely as a muscle-strengthening catalyst.

With that final scene, I wonder if the series will get its own Godzilla parody.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote

As hinted from the trailer, the show now has its very own Godzilla parody episode.

The whole job would have been easier if Chain was sober, but the animators/series needed an excuse to show off Leo's skills with his multiple eyesight hacking and the monkey's ability to navigate environments otherwise impossible to other entities. In a sense Leo and co. got lucky the terrorist parasite tried taking over the body for himself since it gave away his location much quicker than they expected.

I feel sorry for Riel though. Throughout all this he's been a victim yet he ends up with the short end of the stick after surviving the whole experience. He might have accepted what he is, but he won't have long to enjoy his view before he ends up being food for something.

Running out of episodes, yet viewers are still getting treated to yet another background episode. This time it's the sniper's turn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12