• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Good episode overall - it captured Lili's emotions and insight of her spoiler[past] as well as her motivations to spoiler[betray Bell]. Yet in the end,spoiler[ guess who recused her?!]

Anyways, glad to see spoiler[Bell regain an ally. Also, it's interesting to see Aiz's interest in him as well and I wouldn't be surprised if she meets him again because of what she found after slaying those beasts].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Sad story of an even sadder girl..
No wonder Lili resents adventurers.
Hestia doesn't like her either.
Still, Bell won't give up that fast.
spoiler[That little double cross of hers backfired fast!
That bunched she worked for sure a scum.
In the end only Bell came to her rescue..]

*sigh* Bell has a really big heart.
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Not saying that Lili should have hadspoiler[ a slow and painful death...but she should have. After how not-a-jerk Bell was to her, on multiple occassions, and she decides to backstab him like that AGAIN. I'd have let the ants eat her.]

One of the series more entertaining episodes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

I loved this episode. So if I understand it properly, Lili's spoiler[parents were a part of the guild, they racked up a debt and got themselves killed]. She could not spoiler[look for another life, and even if she tried to play fare with them she got exploited, so she had to play dirty]. How could she spoiler[stop to be kind when her life was not]? Just with the beginning I have to point out the poignancy of seeing the contrast of her spoiler[being in total poverty and seeing the happy life she got and lost].

I often hate it when an anime tries to make me feel for a character who does wrong things, and often comes across as so manipulative and hollow. But I really like Lili, faults and all. I thought that the spoiler[turn of events were great how after everything, her leaving him to die, Bell would continue to protect her]. And she really spoiler[lost everything, her guild members did the same to her, and she lost everything she saved up]. Was absolutely in love with scenes of her spoiler[yelling at him for treating her nicely after what she did], and Bell kind of spoiler[repeating how she introduced herself].

I know lots of other viewers often get a favourite for various reasons, saying a character has a nice body, or is forward, or cute, or strong, has an unshakable code. Not sure what it is but I think Lili might be my favourite character not only in this show, but of this season, or last few even. Even though I just changed my avatar I want to do so again, and do things like some RPGs as her character.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
TRNielson wrote:
Not saying that Lili should have hadspoiler[ a slow and painful death...but she should have. After how not-a-jerk Bell was to her, on multiple occassions, and she decides to backstab him like that AGAIN. I'd have let the ants eat her.]

Episode 6

This is exactly how I felt at first and after her Familia just spoiler[cast her aside as trash, I thought "Serves you right!"]. But Lililuka Erde is a far more complicated and interesting character than the anime let's on. I thought her rant to Bell at the end was fantastic and it reminded me of spoiler[Hatoko to Jurai in Inou Battle Within Everday Life.]

In other news, Bell has quite the possible Harem brewing now. It's a shame we don't see enough about spoiler[Freya and her meddling which got him into this mess in the first place.]

Oh, and it was great to see an episode which took place mainly in the Dungeon that has been pretty much neglected so far in the series.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Wow, a lot happened this episode. spoiler[Aiz and Bell training (he seems to be improving fast) while we get a bit of background buildup with the dangers that lies ahead.]

I'm not sure I like spoiler[Hestia's role though with all her jealousy, not that I'm surprised by it. Action was actually decent on most parts too. Anyways yeah, not too shabby.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Lili meets Hestia.
It was nice to see her change her looks.
All in all those two seem to somewhat get along..
A harem in the making....
Looks like Aiz is about to join in too.
At least she's helping him to overcome his fears.
Oh wow, this anime sure is at a crossroads.]
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Good overall episode. Most amount of action in an episode so far. spoiler[Watching Aiz beat Bell down time and time again was immensely entertaining. I'd like to see how she stacks up as far as the strongest in the world. Imagine she'd be pretty freakin' scary if she decided to go all out.]

Hestia is spoiler[starting to ruin the show, though. It's gonna be a harem. I get it. But her constant jealousy acts are getting real old real quick. I get that it's an anime, but you're supposed to be a goddess. Act like one instead of a pre-teen who's having her first crush.]

spoiler[Boss fight next episode.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Hestia seems to have the ultimate my-boyfriend-is-too-popular problem.
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Hestia seems to have the ultimate my-boyfriend-is-too-popular problem.

I feel like every other dude in the DanMachi world must be either a complete prick or severly ugly for no less than four different women to start falling for him. Let's be real, Bell isn't Mr. Personality.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Someone call the black swordsman, it looks we just saw the spoiler[creation of Gleam Eyes].

Gotta say I liked seeing Bell spoiler[scream like a girl just accidentally ran into his crush and embarrassed themselves]. I think it reflects well with the initial setup that Bell was spoiler[the damsel in distress]. And I am happy that we are getting more of Aiz's personality, she is strong, but Bell spoiler[describes her a bit as an airhead for instinctively hitting him hard during practice].

Hestia kind of pushes it with acting like ownership over him, but I enjoyed her interaction with Lili.

Also I have to bring to notice that I love several scenes that pit work into details like original looking characters around.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Hestia should have confidence in her slammin' bod - I would never look at any other woman, Brestia!

Anyway, I'm trying to get the word out about a change in ANN policy regarding using spoiler tags when discussing events in an episode that has aired. Assuming you are posting in a discussion thread dedicated to the show, you no longer need to use spoiler tags to discuss stuff that happened in episodes that have aired.

Obviously, you still have to spoiler tag stuff from source material (and identify it as such) or if you discuss events from a DIFFERENT show.

Link that explains the above and other stuff about how to use spoiler tags correctly
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:03 pm Reply with quote
TRNielson wrote:
I feel like every other dude in the DanMachi world must be either a complete prick or severly ugly for no less than four different women to start falling for him. Let's be real, Bell isn't Mr. Personality.

His personality isn't super-huge, but it's still appealing. He's the innocent type, who wants to help anyone and everyone, even putting himself in harms way to do so. That's something that's very attractive, and much more than skin deep.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

A bit predictable but I'm proud of Bell for finally destroying that Minotaru. And rank S? Nice. I suppose all that willpower and training worked! I wonder how far he can reach though at this rate. Perhaps he can even surpass Aiz (she notes herself that Bell is progressively increasing his abilities at an astonishing rate).

He just needs a bit of rest now after all that fighting. Anyways, yeah. I think Bell earned my respect this episode.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Syr really knows how to use Bell *ROFL*
Ryuu can be a good source of interesting info.
Damn... this time spoiler[the dungeon was a bit too much for Bell.
That minotaur was just too strong to handle on his own... or was he?
Looks like our little Bell finally manned up & won!]

Best episode ever!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10