• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I love dungeon crawling. seeing the whole thing carried out in this plot makes me happy. Well my experience is not is exactly huge, I have played an Etrian game, and played a couple Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games. The idea of going in to save other teams that are stuck is from what I understand is common, and I really like the concept in that there really may be the need that you could be in that place. And actually some Mystery Dungeon allow you to be rescued by someone else with the game. I simply find this concept really interesting. Seeing the struggle of our small main characters party is also extremely fun to watch along with the drama and also the people who want to look out for them. Also elf girl.

Also, this is something that was bothering me a couple weeks back, and again some similarities I felt between this anime and a game. It was that these Hiryute sisters bare a striking resemblance to a character called Shilleka.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:52 pm Reply with quote
OMG, totally loving the Killer Rabbits from Suikoden showing up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
OMG, totally loving the Killer Rabbits from Suikoden showing up.

It was funny when both Welf and Lili both thought they looked like Bell, what with the white hair and red eyes.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I am confused about the dungeon layouts. Isn't it a tower like Aincard in SAO? Why would they go down to reach later floors? If the dungeon floors are underground, what is the tower for?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
If the dungeon floors are underground, what is the tower for?

Because it looks cool? Connection to the gods? Who knows?

If the dungeon is inverted -- where the adventurer going "down" is actually climbing the tower as it appears from the outside then it also seems to have more space inside than out. And you would think one of the windows would be visible from the inside as well.

So I think the dungeons are actually below the structure -- nothing I have seen seems to indicate otherwise.

Anime.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
The tower is filled with stores and stuff, I think. It's like there's an infinite dungeon beneath a shopping mall.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:
Well this one was fun to watch, mostly because we got action from Hermes Families. I'm really starting to like that group tbh.

Also, Aiz came in at the right time. Thank goodness for that but I still felt kinda bad for Bell for going through a lot of shit in the dungeons. Also, I think Hestia might have even more competition now Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Bell keeps getting new challenges.
spoiler[Looks like everyone made it "out" safely.
He's getting more popular by the minute.
Hestia managed to find her way to him as well.
Bell is always so weird around Aiz LOL]

Nice episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Very Happy
A smile, that is my response to the episode, it just in general made me feel happy. I know that there was some pretty big challenges in there, and a bit of baggage, but it was one of those situations where I was surprised when the ED suddenly showed up. I think this show has really become a personal favourite and better shows this season.

The episode really brings to mind the feeling of surpassing a difficult challenge and the relief afterwards, having just had uni exams myself it feels a bit easy to sympathise with. Bell even faced a real threat to his comrades and perhaps faced the idea of whether he could have done the very thing that got them in trouble if it meant saving them.

This series has been great at high tension "boss fights", generally beautiful artwork, done some interesting things with the super nice main character type, and actually faced the idea of strength in some ways I don't think are overused. It has had quite a bit in the harem and fanservice department, but I honestly don't feel that it has gone the rail to detract the story like other series would. I know that this is certainly something I want on BD.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Lol, going to keep this one short but Bell sure was a lucky duck at what he saw. I mean, he is quite innocent so seeing girls taking baths in full view made him blush like no tomorrow.

Second half got more serious and I have to say that Hestia is a special character in this series at what she has shown.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Peeping on girls bath] time.
Bad boy Bell.. ROFL
Who knew he would come across spoiler[Ryu] there.
Some of her past got revealed.
Of course Bell had to find some trouble or it found him?
spoiler[Hermes had his hands full of mischief at Bell's expense.]
More trouble is coming next time!
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Good episode with some decent fan service!
I have to say that recent episodes have swayed my opinion of favourites and I'm really liking Ryū more each time we see her. Drop the other girls Bell and go with the Elf.

I'm going to take a guess that that skeleton boss thing that dropped/ cracked the ceiling is some security measure of the Dungeon due to Hestia releasing her Divine Power when Gods are forbidden to enter the Dungeon itself.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I don't think so. They mentioned they were having weird earthquakes for quite some time even before they broke the rules.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I just assumed wrongly it seems, that it was the giant boss on the floor above respawning. I still however prefer my theory better than a convenient boss 'encounter' for the first time when Bell reaches the safe zone and Aiz has headed back to the surface. Razz
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
I still however prefer my theory better than a convenient boss 'encounter' for the first time when Bell reaches the safe zone and Aiz has headed back to the surface. Razz

Bell has at least two gods actively screwing with him. There's nothing "convenient" about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10