• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStuf.com Specials 2/19 - I'll Miss You!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
It's another week of specials, but it's not just another week of specials. Nope, today I've got sad/exciting news: I'll be leaving Right Stuf and Iowa and heading for California's sunnier climes in just a couple weeks.

I made this decision after much thought and planning, but I've been missing my family out there and the snow has lost its novelty. The decision took so much thought because I'll miss my Right Stuf family and I'll miss you - yes, you out there on the forums. Maybe not all of you responded as enthusiastically as Dessa (such good taste in anime!) or with as much in-depth knowledge as Joelgundam01 (hey man, Right Stuf is hiring) or the mind-blowing attention to detail of WTK (did I mention we're hiring?), but all of you have made me feel welcome and made checking in on the forums one of the highlights of my day. I hear a lot of people say that "Oh, you can't take into account anything you hear about your company on the internet, commentors are just so negative" or something else along those lines, and I always ask those people if they've ever been to places like ANN, Fandom Post, or our own Anime Today forums because you guys are pretty great - or at least, you are in the retail subforums! Very Happy

If you've ever wondered what I do as a minion here at Right Stuf besides promoting our excellent sales and answering forum questions, I'm actually the Senior Product Coordinator, and I'm responsible for product schedules, among many, many other things. All those times you waited until something was on Right Stuf before you'd take it as confirmed? It warms my heart when you do that. Smile And if you visited Anime Expo in the last decade and met the woman hanging out with the camera and teasing Shawne during our panels? Yep, that was me.

I'll still be around for a couple weeks as I get things wrapped up and pass the torch. In fact, speaking of torch passing, we have two new minions who will be on the boards soon and I hope you'll make them as welcome as you did me. Look for RightStufTanukiMinion and RightStufTenguMinion coming to a board near you soon!

Thanks again, guys. It's been a great almost-ten years. Smile

-Lisa Marie, "The Minion"

FUNimation Sale?! At Least 40% OFF Blu-ray & DVD Titles
Our FUNimation Sale is guaranteed to melt even the coldest of hearts! Fall in love with our amazing deals on hot new releases and fan favorite titles, including Freezing: Vibration, Space Dandy, D-Frag!, Sankarea: Undying Love and more today!

From now through February 26th, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs, Blu-ray discs and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Win a copy of Yakitate!! Japan!
To celebrate its release, we're giving away a free copy of Part 1 of our carb-heavy comedy, Yakitate!! Japan! This hilarious comedy is packed with crazy gags, ridiculous pop culture references, clever bread puns, and much more! One lucky winner will take home this great Nozomi Entertainment title that parodies and pays tribute to shonen anime at the same time! Enter today for your chance to win!

To enter, just fill out the form here before the end of the day on March 4, 2014.

Deals! Bargains! Free-shipping-getters!
-Blind Box Bargains and other Cart Toppers: great values to fill out your order and hit that free-shipping threshold!
-Shawne's Deals of the Day: 6 deals every day, each eligible for GA discounts!
-The Bargain Bin and Adult Bargain Bin: new items added as Shawne scours the planet for product -- er, finds new great bargains for our customers!

Was someone at Right Stuf totally awesome for you? Please let us know so we can reward our staff! We love happy customer e-mails - we are a service organization - so tell us about our service! What was good, what can be improved; we want to hear it! You can also post on our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we do indeed have company lunches that much!

Tell us how our packaging fared and how we did on your order here! Submit an image of how your shipment arrived! Best photos will be circulated around the office in admiration and/or shock as appropriate. Creative recycling is encouraged.

How to get our catalog!
You can download one for free or purchase a copy if your subscription has lapsed. The 2015 winter catalog is in progress now!

Add us to your Firefox search bar!
When you visit our homepage, click on the dropdown for search options in the search box on the upper right corner of your browser. (Most likely you will have Google as your default search, so you'll see the Google "G" and then a down arrow where there is a dropdown.) You can then see a list of all of the search engine options that can be used in the search box. Click on "Add Rightstuf.com." Now you're ready to go! Just change the search engine to "Rightstuf.com" and key in anything on the site you'd like to search for. Enjoy!

Series Sites! Want to learn more about the titles from our production team, or the latest news from our Nozomi Entertainment or Lucky Penny labels? Check out these sites for great information, contests, and more! Many shows are also available on our Youtube channel!

Nozomi Home Page: nozomient.com
Lucky Penny Home Page: luckypennyentertainment.com
Critical Mass Video Page: criticalmassvideo.com

Antique Bakery * Aria * Astro Boy * Blessing of the Campanella * Boogiepop and Others * Boys Be.. * Cat's Eye * Cool Devices * Dirty Pair * El Hazard: The Wanderers * Gakuen Alice * Gasaraki * Gravitation * Hyakko * Irresponsible Captain Tylor * Junjo Romantica * Kimba: The White Lion * Lost Universe * Maria Watches Over Us * Martian Successor Nadesico * Ninja Nonsense * Piano * Princess Knight * Rental Magica * Ristorante Paradiso * Rose of Versailles * Shingu * Sound of the Sky (So-Ra-No-Wo-To) * Space Adventure Cobra * Sweet Blue Flowers * SuperGals * The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye * ToHeart * Toward the Terra * Revolutionary Girl Utena * Victorian Romance Emma * You're Being Summoned, Azazel!

Hints and Notes from Shawne:
Requires instruction.
A found ring.
"Approved" and waiting the final paperwork. People will be pleased.
Something different in the retelling.
A negative and a positive.
Not sure about this one. Still likely a long shot.
Captured on film.

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
Our Facebook ~ Shawne's Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Pinterest
-----------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstuf.com. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon. Coupons expire at 11:59 pm Central Time on the date of expiration.

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

Would you like to see our newest news and newsletters, prettier than I can make them here? Click here!
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:07 pm Reply with quote
The Minion's identity has been revealed! It's almost like knowing who the Stig is... All the best, Minion.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Aw, sorry to hear you are leaving TRSI, Lisa Marie, but best of luck out in California. I didn't have much direct interaction with you at ANN, but I always appreciated your friendly and helpful style. You'll be missed. In fact, I intend to act coldly to Tanuki and Tengu out of loyalty to you (I kid, I kid)!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Must be some big shoes to fill. Good luck in CA
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
*wibbles and clings, and will get that cookie package out ASAP*
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
The Minion's identity has been revealed! It's almost like knowing who the Stig is... All the best, Minion.

No one must know who the Stig is! It's more sacred than Fight Club lol. All the best to you Minion. Hopefully you find something fun and exciting to do out on the coast that keeps you happy. Or at least well compensated heh.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Good luck and enjoy the sunny weather out in Cali, Lisa-Specials-Minion! I shall miss your welcoming, warm personality on the forums. I look forward to seeing how Tanuki and Tengu take over the mantle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quote
If it takes two people to replace you, it is obvious you were working too hard. Laughing
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all your warm words. Smile And apparently, The Stig's personality has been revealed a couple times. Maybe this is just like starting a new arc? Perhaps we should invest in a brand-new theme song and come up with a snazzy name like "Right Stuf Minions: Shippuden Railgun Rebellion"! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1