• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
how can you call this show terrible or horrible when their has only been a few episodes shown so far? are you really going to say that when it hasn't even finished yet? personally i like this anime and also love the manga. Oh and three things i like about this show is the harem part, story, cute characters, and a few more other things but i will stop at three.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
how can you call this show terrible or horrible when their has only been a few episodes shown so far? are you really going to say that when it hasn't even finished yet?

One thing that I'd argue makes an anime terrible is if the production is objectively shoddy to a certain degree. Regardless of how much you like the harem nature of it or how cute you think the girls are, the show is objectively very badly put together and that's a massive detriment that doesn't require the series to be finished. The most recent episode, in particular, is so awkward and laughable that it ruins the events that take place in it by making it extremely difficult to take seriously.
Gogeta999

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:48 am Reply with quote
sorry funimation but after watching this series on CR I can already tell you that I have no intention of watching it again. If you had gone for Absolute Duo instead then I would have gladly paid out for the eventual bluray release.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
Gogeta999 wrote:
If you had gone for Absolute Duo instead then I would have gladly paid out for the eventual bluray release.

They are dubbing Absolute Duo too.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:15 am Reply with quote
Gogeta999 wrote:
sorry funimation but after watching this series on CR I can already tell you that I have no intention of watching it again. If you had gone for Absolute Duo instead then I would have gladly paid out for the eventual bluray release.
. Idk between Duo and world break I'd have to go with world break on this. Duo is ok don't get me wrong I just prefer World break more because of the OP, powers, and the girls even though Julie in duo is cute lol. But out of all the harems this season these are the in the top 3. Boring Gf gets 1st. I just hope they broadcast dub DxD Born next season
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:10 am Reply with quote
More dubbed harem titles is a reason why I like Funi.
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote
Well i atleast still think the anime is good also the manga as well
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
More dubbed harem titles is a reason why I like Funi.

Yeah, me too. As a rather avid fan of the genre, it is nice that there is a fairly steady amount of it getting dubbed.
Outcaster00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Good job Funi! I really like this series so i,m glad there Dubbing it.I really like the way the magic works, and the metaphysical designs.I feel like the animation isn't that big a deal,They can always go back and fix everything for the BD's
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914, the reason I watch so many harem series is for the fan service and the prospect of the lead girl getting shipped with the MC.
Outcaster00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:58 pm Reply with quote
That's true however I don't always agree the leads should always get together especially if there is a much better female main character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2