• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Manga Gets Summer TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:41 am Reply with quote
Fantastic! I made it my life goal to watch every anime that BONES has made so I'm without a doubt watching this! I have nothing against Shoujo series, but I rarely get to watch them due to time constraints. So its nice to know I'll be watching one at least!

So we know 2/4 anime they are doing this year. I hope it happens in BONES fashion. Some of their last few adaptions have ended while the anime was running allowing for an actual ending with closure. (Brotherhood, Zetsuen no Tempest, and Hitsugi no Chaika) I hope that they can adapt this entire series!
As3ann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 am Reply with quote
Hitomi Higurashi wrote:
I know right... I open this website everyday with the hope that Oresama Teacher will get an anime announcement... *sighs* Crying or Very sad I do hope when it gets one, it will be by GSNK's studio, though.

But still, I'm quite happy that Akagami no Shirayuki hime is getting an anime. (It was on my wishlist after Oresama Teacher, along with others such as Last Game)

for Oresama, i think Pierrot will be good. They're good in adapting tsukkomi scenes.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:35 am Reply with quote
So many awesome shojo manga getting animated. Also, so many shojo fantasy heroines where red hair is a prominent feature of the lead. There's this, Dawn of the Arcana, Akatsuki no Yona and there must be more.
Hitomi Higurashi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
As3ann wrote:
for Oresama, i think Pierrot will be good. They're good in adapting tsukkomi scenes.

Hmm... is that so?

I gave my preference to GNSK's studio because they animated Tsubaki sensei's artstyle quite beautifully. I would really like to see Oresama Teacher's characters animated in the same way.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:15 am Reply with quote
I'm totally in for more shojo anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:18 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
My issue is that it will probably end up like Soredemo Sekai, maybe 13 episodes and then just kind of end.

I actually thought that ended well. Mainly because I felt that the relationship reached a point where, from my impression, they both knew where they were headed...together. I'm disappointed that no one has licensed the anime.

As for this, I'll check it out.

My manga collecting has had me branch out, am now buying some shoujo series...I assume my anime watching should follow suit. Laughing
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:39 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah. I hope this will get the manga licensed in English.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
I'd been interested in this for a while. I'll watch it!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:54 am Reply with quote
Hitomi Higurashi wrote:
I know right... I open this website everyday with the hope that Oresama Teacher will get an anime announcement... *sighs* Crying or Very sad I do hope when it gets one, it will be by GSNK's studio, though.

I say the same about the manga Pastel.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
Although I have not read this everytime I flip through LaLa (usually because I buy the issue to get a Natsume Yuujinchou prize) I always think all these series look so cute I hope one gets an adaption and lo and behold.

This synopsis also sounds right up my alley and the character designs are really cute.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
2 of the 3 adapatations Anime by bones are now said which leaves 1 more adaptation and an original series left to be annouced this year..

Bones is know for the fact that a lot of it's shows are legendary Example: Soul Eater. Hitsugi no Chaika, Full Metal Alchemist,, Noragami, Gosick... Wolf's Rain.. Eureka Seven... and i might add it is also practically the only studio that adapts a series well..

I hope Noragami gets a second season but the one flaw of bones is that they rarely ever make a second season....usually they pick up a series right when it's near it's closure and wrap everything up in one go... Both a blessing and a curse..

A blessing to have a closure since Anime adaptations ever get one... a curse cause if there is a need for more they rarely do it...
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
Woah. Surprised this is getting an anime. From what little I've read of the manga, it's pretty good stuff that breaks a lot of the standard shoujo tropes.

Male main characters who aren't jerks. A female lead who is actually a smart and capable woman (without having to be a warrior.) and Romance that builds over time, doesn't overshadow everything else, and is based on mutal respect as opposed to "when will popular-handsome-sama notice me?!"

So yeah, hope it does well. It can be a little slow sometimes, but I liked what I read.
lys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Although I have not read this everytime I flip through LaLa (usually because I buy the issue to get a Natsume Yuujinchou prize) I always think all these series look so cute I hope one gets an adaption and lo and behold.

This synopsis also sounds right up my alley and the character designs are really cute.

It is a very cute, sweet series! But it also feels substantial and well-thought-out, in its fantasy setting and character relationships. I'll echo all that Lovely (above me) wrote. As red-haired protagonist fantasy stories go (since this is apparently a genre now, haha), I think Yona of the Dawn and this series are both miles ahead of Dawn of the Arcana.

(that said, it's a totally different kind of story than Yona.)
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:51 am Reply with quote
lys wrote:

It is a very cute, sweet series! But it also feels substantial and well-thought-out, in its fantasy setting and character relationships. I'll echo all that Lovely (above me) wrote. As red-haired protagonist fantasy stories go (since this is apparently a genre now, haha), I think Yona of the Dawn and this series are both miles ahead of Dawn of the Arcana.

(that said, it's a totally different kind of story than Yona.)

I am definitely going to need something to get over the pain of not having Yona to look forward to every week.

As for red haired fantasy series lets not forget Twelve Kingdoms as well. Very Happy
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote
Is this going to be reverse harem, or just an anime between two people? By the sounds of it the protagonist is very popular with the guys.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3