• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces The Rolling Girls Anime Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
The real question now is whether the show will be just as incomprehensible in English! Or will it actually start making sense?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Neat! I really like this show and am certainly entertaining the thought of buying it when it comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Also, Monica Rial should be great as Yukina.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Bonny doesn't tinker with scripting too much, so you can expect them to say basically the same thing their Japanese counterparts have said
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Liking that cast.

This should be fun as hell, been really enjoying this show. Looking forward to checking out the dub.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
This show is really a lot of fun. Monica Rial as Yukina should be good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Rachel Robinson based in LA?

Anyways, this should really be their theme song: Laughing

"You're The Best Around!"
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
The FUNimation Dub Blitz continues.
I wonder if this will be FUNi's M.O. regarding dubbing new animes from now on (dub them within their airing season) or that it's more of a one-season trial-run thing.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Bonny doesn't tinker with scripting too much, so you can expect them to say basically the same thing their Japanese counterparts have said

Then I eagerly await the same old clunky exposition and as-you-know dialogue! Very Happy
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Great cast! I only watched the first episode of this but had to put it on hold because I had too many other shows on my plate. This might be an opportunity to get back into the show.

Even if it's a Sentai dub Monica Rial's voice is always music to my ears. Well maybe she couldn't save the Penguindrum dub from being an absolute travesty but she was still good in it. I even got her to sign my Blu-rays when I met her last September at Oz Comic Con.

I hope she gets a role in Yurikuma. Even if the dub isn't the best it could be, I'm sure she could save it.

{Edit: I edited out part of your post. There is no need to constantly say how shitty Sentai's dubs are. Everyone gets it by now, you don't like them. Mentioning that they are shitty in virtually every post you make that is in anyway related to Sentai or a Sentai VA, like here, is soap boxing at this point. You don't have to like them at all but there is no need to point it out in almost every post you make. Thank you. ~ Psycho 101}
Tjoeb123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
The FUNimation Dub Blitz continues.
I wonder if this will be FUNi's M.O. regarding dubbing new animes from now on (dub them within their airing season) or that it's more of a one-season trial-run thing.

I dunno, I'm still waiting on news of the Neptunia dub and/or dubs of anime they've previously licensed for BD/DVD.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Good. I hate when Funimation tries to get "creative" and rewrite swaths of dialogue. Though to their credit, they don't do it as much anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bs3311

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, seems like a fine cast. This will probably give me the same enjoyment as Tamako Markets dub with the main 4 actresses. Though the show on the other hand is just a mess. While Tokyo Ghoul's dub is the only decent one out of the simuldubs with the bad 2 tredding behind it. I hope this will be as decent, if not? Boy oh boy will I be tearing it apart in my review Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
With the amount of shows I will be watching and this includes some of the dubs, I think I might wait until the spring or when this dub is done to watch it.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
This is one of the shows that I was considering checking during the beginning of the season after reading reviews, but never got around to it. Maybe I'll check out the simuldub and, if I enjoy it, add the show to my watch list
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
With FUNimation reveling all these English casts, I hope Noragami is next. Jason Liebrecht for Yato, Tia Ballard for Hiyori, and Aaron Dismuke as Yukine please....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2