• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clock Tower Spiritual Successor NightCry Tops Kickstarter Goal

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:29 am Reply with quote
Highly disappointed that it won't reach its PS4 goal, maybe if they make enough money through sales they will make a port later on.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 am Reply with quote
For a long while there, it wasn't gonna make it - not even close:

MarshalBanana wrote:

Highly disappointed that it won't reach its PS4 goal, maybe if they make enough money through sales they will make a port later on.

There's always the option of Paypal for latecomers to reach the stretch goals.

Then again, this seems to be propelled by PC gamers, rather than PS gamers who tend to prefer teen girl anime-style, which this isn't.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:38 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
There's always the option of Paypal for latecomers to reach the stretch goals.

Then again, this seems to be propelled by PC gamers, rather than PS gamers who tend to prefer teen girl anime-style, which this isn't.

All the previews games in the series were console games. Pretty much everyone who backed were fans of this series, who don't mind which system its on providing they can get it. As you said most PS gamers tend to prefer this type of game over teen girl anime-style, so they will be very happy to see this.

Also my Kicktraq no longer shows up, any idea on how to fix it?
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:04 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Except it was always coming out on the Vita no matter the result of this Kickstarter. This is only for the PC version, which is obviously aimed more at western fans. I didn't back it because I'm getting it on the Vita.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:57 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Also my Kicktraq no longer shows up, any idea on how to fix it?

Issues with the website?

Fedora-san wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Except it was always coming out on the Vita no matter the result of this Kickstarter. This is only for the PC version, which is obviously aimed more at western fans. I didn't back it because I'm getting it on the Vita.

Yeah Vita too, glad you're picking it up, though I don't think it's confirmed for Vita in the US, which nonetheless pretty small anyways, so the PC would be the Western way to go, though surprised not much KS push from PS people even though the Clock Tower series (and Demento / Haunting Ground) were on PS systems (the latter albeit 3DCG still teen girls).
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:06 am Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Really? That's great, and to think t#people say the Vita has no games. is it coming tot he west though/
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

No, this Kickstarter was propelled by multiple (at least 5) $10,000 pledges, likely from industry friends of the developers. This campaign was dead in the water until that point.

I'm fairly certain they've confirmed that the mobile/Vita version is coming to the west. Playism has been involved with every aspect of this game's press and they operate in the west.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1