• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Heroic Legend of Arslan TV Anime's 3rd Ad Previews Gieve, Falangies

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Me too, I can't imagine something like this being able to done in a small amount of episodes.

I hope it gets enough episodes to be rather thorough and pull off something epic that doesn't need to be rushed. Other than some of the beginning from the old OVA series I do not remember much of the story anymore so I'm really looking forward to this.

Hameyadea wrote:
The designs look fine to me, but we need some moving animation in the PVs, not just stills of the characters.

Agreed, that's going to be the big test since I think the animation designs and coloring and "lighting" of them look very good so far in the stills and very much like how Bones would have done them.

blessed wrote:
Is there going to be any hints of romance in this?
I'm going to watch it either way, I mean this is the person who made FMA right?

Yup, Hiromu Arakawa, who created FMA, has been re-adapting the original story of the novels into a new manga with her writing and art style.

Calsolum wrote:
for a brief moment i thought i saw Lust with a bow, then i looked again.

Yeah.

spoiler[It's no wonder she looks gorgeous, heh.]
Saturn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote
what even is this mess :\
xyz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Uh... so Falangese descended from the red district.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:42 am Reply with quote
While I'm sure the story and writing will turn out fine, as another fan of the OVAs, the art direction and character designs still look a little plain and generic. Oh well, as long as the story and writing holds up, I can look past it.

DangerMouse wrote:
Me too, I can't imagine something like this being able to done in a small amount of episodes.

I hope it gets enough episodes to be rather thorough and pull off something epic that doesn't need to be rushed.

Me three, I'm hoping it's at least 24 episodes. I don't see how an epic story like Arslan would work with less than that number.
kailegh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:36 am Reply with quote
And here I was, looking forward to watching this and getting some closure (since imo the original OVA series ended pretty badly), but now I really don't want go near it unless Pharangese gets a wardrobe upgrade. Normally I'd just eye roll and watch the damned thing anyway, but Pharangese was my favorite character. This kind of stings.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I saw FMA: Brotherhood from way back. It's a good series.

also saw Hero Tales 1-2 weeks ago. It's an ok series. The manga and the anime are different at certain points. If they can just keep it action packed and down to maybe 16-20 episodes it would be a good series.

anyway, i'm looking forward to this series. I hope it has a good story and action similar to that of FMA: brotherhood
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Is it April Fools yet? Please?

Sariachan wrote:
Which one between the two is truer to the book, though?

Well, here she is on the cover of the second book (original printing):

The OVA characters were loosely based off Amano's book covers, though they did elaborate quite a bit. I had just about reconciled myself to the new Arakawa look, and then Falangies shows up dressed like that. This is an embarrassment in a series like this.

Oh well, at least we probably won't see her until around ep. 5 or 6...

Thanks for posting it. Well, Amano's art is on a whole different level of course, but what I was asking was if the character designs used by Hiromu Arakawa are based on the description of the characters in the books or not.
I wasn't asking about the art style (I do like Arakawa's one too, albeit she is better with writing than drawing, in my opinion), since it's always an interpretation since the original material is written.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2