• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Steve Blum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
but considering that both the TV series and movies version of guts sounds so uncanny that it have to be him using and alias.

Its not uncanny at all, they don't sound anything alike.

^ What he said. I'm starting to think, jr, that you just have really, REALLY bad ears. Confused

I mean, this is even worse than the whole "Scott McNeil" incident from a few months back. Laughing
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
but considering that both the TV series and movies version of guts sounds so uncanny that it have to be him using and alias.

Its not uncanny at all, they don't sound anything alike.

well the info from the other user of course says their different people of course. definitely the second time i made that mistake [the first is when i mistook Schloud (Toaru's Touma Kamajo , Soul Eater's Soul) as another JYB alias]. however if you had watched the movies,especially the third one as well as the trailer, most people who are blum fans would definitely think that was him voicing guts which wouldnt surprised people if it did happen since he have a canid of playing hardcore males like gara from bastard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
sure, but then most people would probably log onto the internet and do a little bit of research and educate themselves, so they don't end up making fools of themselves a later date.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
however if you had watched the movies,especially the third one as well as the trailer, most people who are blum fans would definitely think that was him voicing guts which wouldnt surprised people if it did happen since he have a canid of playing hardcore males like gara from bastard.

I'm a big fan of Berserk & Steve Blum, watching them for many years and never once thought Steve Blum sounded anything like Marc Diraison and I've never heard anyone else think that either. Only you. Gara just looks like Guts so you must be going by appearance more than the actual sound of the voices, you must be confused because of that.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
no it was definitely the voicework for the third beserk movie that gave me the conclusion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
I loved his Orochimaru voice and finds it fits that might be on par/exceed than the Japanese version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4