• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shiro Amano Ends Kingdom Hearts II Manga in May

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Birth by Sleep is next.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad it's finally almost finished! I really like his KH manga adaptions and I gotta say that he's gotten better at drawing the characters over the years. I can't wait for it to come out in the US!
HitmanNick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Maybe one day I'll get a Kingdom Hearts anime to go with my manga. I can dream..
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
HitmanNick wrote:
Maybe one day I'll get a Kingdom Hearts anime to go with my manga. I can dream..

After watching Re:Coded...I kind of want it less.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:41 pm Reply with quote
HitmanNick wrote:

I'd like to see Disney Animation collaborate with an anime studio to make one. If "Gravity Falls" has proven anything, is that Disney Channel and Anime hyper still have some competence in their shows.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
HitmanNick wrote:

I liked Re: coded. Better than 358/2's cutscene movie anyway. I'm not sure what you didn't like about it, but it is only a cutscene 'movie' and not meant to read as an actual movie. I'm sure if they wanted to we'd get a pretty good movie adaption. Just my opinion of course.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
KH91 wrote:
HitmanNick wrote:

I liked Re: coded. Better than 358/2's cutscene movie anyway. I'm not sure what you didn't like about it, but it is only a cutscene 'movie' and not meant to read as an actual movie. I'm sure if they wanted to we'd get a pretty good movie adaption. Just my opinion of course.

It is better than Days, but I found myself looking away from the screen after an hour(Most likely due to having gone through the mobile and DS game, plus Wonderland for a 3rd time). Before, I REALLY wanted a KH anime/movie. As soon as I finished Coded, I thought about it, and the result was I want a KH anime/movie. They'd cut out certain parts that was in the game to make things smoother for the viewer as a movie. For an anime, they have many episodes they can use, but its about what they do in those eps that will ruin it or not. I still want one regardless.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:45 am Reply with quote
The problem with the Days/Coded 'movies' is that they were were fine as cutscenes but they were awful as a movie, especially the end of days where it got to be nothing but philosophizing against a white background. If someone were to come at the series from a tv show writing perspective, I'm sure they could make it work much smoother.

Also, there was interest in making a KH cartoon but it never got off the ground, so there's still a vuage possibility!

As for the manga, I'm glad KH2 finally will reach an end after all these years. This would be a nice stopping point, but I hope Amano continues into BBS as well. Weird to think that even though theres still more content to last a few years, he's almost caught up to the games now.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
I have mixed feeling on the KH2 manga. I think it's the best one so far, but that super-long three/four year break to do 358 was exhausting.

I hope Amano does BBS next, it's my favorite Kingdom Hearts handheld game. He can skip Re;Coded and just go to Dream Drop after that, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1