• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Make Your Hug Pillow Experience More Pleasurable with Rub-Activated Talking

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Really don't know why the pitchforks and torches are out.
It has a loli on it. If it weren't for that, it'd just be your standard "lol Japan" thread.

But there are two other available characters which aren't so there's no reason for any outrage. If anything they should be outraged about dakimakura of real life people, which does foster dangerous urges unlike a loli or any other 2D dakimakura.
Yuri Shipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:46 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Polycell wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Really don't know why the pitchforks and torches are out.
It has a loli on it. If it weren't for that, it'd just be your standard "lol Japan" thread.
{Please do not over-quote. Thank you. ~nbahn}

But there are two other available characters which aren't so there's no reason for any outrage. If anything they should be outraged about dakimakura of real life people, which does foster dangerous urges unlike a loli or any other 2D dakimakura.

^QFT.

It's the depiction of the real life people on certain outlets whether it be a sexual doll or a punching bag/dart board, that we really have to question.... THOSE can be a prelude to some premeditated crime or at least some bad adverse effect from it.

At least these anime characters are fictional. There are plenty of people who can easily differentiate reality and fictional. Believe me, the differences are at times very glaringly apparent. But there are few (note the word FEW) people who can't tell them apart. Those are the ones you truly have to watch out for. If they are not gonna go out and do crimes because of animes, they would've some other medium as an excuse (violent video games, movies, books, etc. Hell in some movies, a lot of psychopathic serial killers tend to be associated with classical music..) So there's not much we can do about it. It's not like we have the tech to single-handedly monitor every single mental stability all over the world.

Therefore in the meantime, please do not condemn an entire society just because of the actions of a few.

Otherwise our politicians alone would speak volumes of what kinda people we are lol.

Anyways on topic. I would definitely support this! (owo)b
Just when they can start making ones for my favorite characters from animes/games.
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Come on guys these are again fictional characters there is no crime in buying them and it doesn't make you a pedo there is a difference between reality and fiction which some of you seem to not be able to tell the difference
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5