• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf's Nozomi Adds More Dirty Pair, Gasaraki, Nadesico

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kasuga_kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
They are remastering the Nadesico discs, which means no more sucky ADV overlays that almost ruined my viewing of the original DVD release.
The Count

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
they should stop wasting their money on these junk licenses
the fad is gone, and I have not removed these videos from storage in years
Yep, Because every publisher should model their business to you alone. Why don't you give Right Stuf some suggestion on what kind of expensive titles they should be picking up, that way when they don't sell it will be the end of them.
poehitman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
And RightStuf/Nozomi continue their reputation of underwhelming license announcements.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

I don't think they're junk licenses (and quite a few people seem to agree with me!).

Now if the likes of Nozomi and Discotek released sub-only releases of stuff like Borgman, Shurato and Minky Momo, they will definitely have my money on Day-One release! Very Happy
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's just cause I've only been watching anime since 2009, but I just can't get into these older series. Still, glad for those who are fans of these.
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I got both the OVA and EDEN of the east movie (the only good movi eof the series) already, so this isn't a big deal to me unless they look really pretty and do a great job remastering them.

I meant Project EDEN ugh!

Last edited by jsc315 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Macron One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little disappointed that it's all license rescues this time (except for the Gekiganger OVA). Nevertheless, i'll certainly buy the remaster of Nadesico. Like many of the previous posters, what i would REALLY LOVE to see would be a Blu-Ray release of Nadesico.
Nadesico is still a fairly well-known title even today, so i'd imagine this would make the additional expense of doing a BD release less of a gamble.
poehitman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
potatochobit wrote:

I don't think they're junk licenses (and quite a few people seem to agree with me!).

Now if the likes of Nozomi and Discotek released sub-only releases of stuff like Borgman, Shurato and Minky Momo, they will definitely have my money on Day-One release! Very Happy

I have no problem with they licensing these old series and remastering them. I think it's great for people who don't download the old series because they are ridiculously expensive on eBay and those who would rather have the actual DVD.

My problem is that it's not deserving of one of these big "COMING SOON" announcements they do. Pop out a press release and that's it. These announcements should be reserved for the biggest release they are going to have. If this is the biggest announcement they have, that's pretty sad.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Gekiganger 3 I went it but I all ready have Nadesico
poehitman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I can't get into old series either for the most part. It's the style of it. Maybe it's the hairstyles, but it always seems like characters from old animes have massive heads and small faces. I just can't watch it.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Takeyo wrote:
Come on, Kleckner, please tell me you're going to spring for BD on Nadesico! *crossing fingers*

How good was that BD release, do you know?

Based on what I've seen of rips, they're very nice. Even if Nozomi just uses the R2 HD remasters for the DVDs, it should still be a step up from the ADV releases (and given that my ADV copies are the onscreen overlays version, I'll be double-dipping no matter what).
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Takeyo wrote:
Come on, Kleckner, please tell me you're going to spring for BD on Nadesico! *crossing fingers*

How good was that BD release, do you know?

Based on what I've seen of rips, they're very nice. Even if Nozomi just uses the R2 HD remasters for the DVDs, it should still be a step up from the ADV releases (and given that my ADV copies are the onscreen overlays version, I'll be double-dipping no matter what).

Hmm, I have the perfect collection -the one without hardsubs- so if it's just a DVD, it'll have to be a significant difference, like Utena-big difference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
norman728

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I am gonna need a bigger shelf and I am going to have to Reup my Dirty Pair Discs. I have all the discs but TV. ( waiting for a price drop on the 2-part set released.)
norbjunior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
OK now what someone needs to do is release a translation of the novel adaptation of Nadesico's Blank of Three Years. I've been trying to track down a copy of the originals for a while now, but can never seem to find them. And playing through the Saturn game is just tedious.
treatment

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:
Takeyo wrote:

Was there ever a BD release in Japan?

yup. last year.

i made a few snaps of it when it came out. Mostly movie shots, but there's a couple of tv-shots included there.

Very Happy

---

btw, i was hoping RightStuf's gonna report they'd acquired remastered Kimagure Orange Road.

Make it so, Kleckner!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5