• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf's Nozomi Adds More Dirty Pair, Gasaraki, Nadesico

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treatment

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
yeah.

I. too, do not understand why TRSI even bothered rescuing Gasuckraki.

Unless getting that crappy title is needed to rescue Tenshi Ni Narumon/IGBAA in full and with the fabulous english-dubs.

But, nonetheless.

Along with the remastered KOR, Kleckner should have bothered rescuing the rest of Yawara! instead.

As well as try and get Toei to give them Slam Dunk.

TRSI/Nozomi should be positioning themselves as the real "classics" R1-company. It's a niche that is perfect for them.

Take the torch (and titles) from Animeigo already, Kleckner and Co. !!!

Razz
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Count me among the disappointed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Gasaraki and Nadesico still relatively easy to find?

Nadesico singles can still be found, though I was forced to abandon my search for the collection release. Three respectable retailers failed to acquire it for me prior to the depletion of my patience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:42 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Count me among the disappointed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Gasaraki and Nadesico still relatively easy to find?

Nadesico singles can still be found, though I was forced to abandon my search for the collection release. Three respectable retailers failed to acquire it for me prior to the depletion of my patience.

The Martian Successor Nadesico ADV brick collection was the first complete anime series I owned on DVD, if memory serves, it was certainly the first anime series I rented on DVD and I imported the set from the u.s. after watching the first couple of discs. This was back in about 2004/2005. I know it seems like an unusual choice of title for a newbie, as it's so full of references to other series, such as Evangelion (which I hadn't seen at the time, I started off with Miyazaki movies, then maybe watched a film or two by other directors, and then got started on series, other early purchases were FLCL and His and Her Circumstances), but I was looking for something with low amounts of blood and gore and that was reasonably light hearted, so I went for a well regarded title with a rating no higer than 12. I really should get around to watching it again not just to do a disc check as mentioned above but because it was a great series and it would be nice to watch my first anime series again.
lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear Dirty Pair is being re-released I missed it the first time around I won't this time I definitely will purchase it.
Kabuman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Right Stuf releasing Nadesico? I'll hold on to my ADV boxset. The video is actually pretty good (better than the original ADV release) and it's a series that didn't rely too much on fantastic visuals anyway. As along as I have my comedy I'm good - I don't need Nadesico in hi-def. And I don't feel the need to watch the Gekiganger OVA or the movie.

I love that RS is gonna release Dirty Pair. I already own the OVA boxset but I'll probably buy it again if they give it a video upgrade. On a related note I don't get some of the hate from some anime reviewers and fans for Dirty Pair. They call it "dated," "obsolete," etc. There is NOTHING obsolete or outdated about girls with guns blowing stuff up in bikinis. Hey... that sounds like something the American action movie going public would go for. How about it Hollywood? Howzabout a Dirty Pair live-action movie?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5