• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Adds Madoka Magica, Blue Exorcist on Home Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm ever-so-mildly dissapointed that 'what's a discount?' Aniplex USA has Madoka.

Mind you, that's not gonna stop me from buying it- I'm gonna start putting the money aside for it, oh, NOW- but it'd be nice to know I could get a sale price at some point.

Now, how to force my friends to watch this show. Maybe I should make them sign a... contract? Laughing
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
If Madoka gets a dub and BD I'll definitely buy it
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I am disappointed that Aniplex USA hasn't yet announced an American release of the Japanese Kamichu! BluRay boxset, which I'd just import but it lacks subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
Mind you, that's not gonna stop me from buying it- I'm gonna start putting the money aside for it, oh, NOW- but it'd be nice to know I could get a sale price at some point.

From the Aniplex USA titles I have seen released minus a $400 Blu-ray movie set, there have been no sale price for their releases. If you pre-order the titles, you do get it at slightly cheaper price.

I know how you feel, it is time to set apart some money for this highly anticipated title.

Last edited by The Naked Beast on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireChick
Subscriber

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

MADOKA MAGICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

And I KNEW that they were gonna nab Blue Exorcist, no doubt. But MADOKA MAGICA ALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Sailor S

This isn't a surprise, but it's still good news to hear that Madoka is set for a release here. I look forward to watching episode 3 again and again and again Very Happy
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Come on and say Madoka Magica is going to be dubbed
The Count

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
The Naked Beast wrote:
At long last, I can see the hype and popularity of Madoka. I am not looking forward to Aniplex USA's asking price.
Anything is better than Sentai. Amazon will also probably sell it for pre-order discount which is usually a good 20 dollars on blurays. Might have to get Madoka if they do that
What anime world are you living in. Aniplex of America charges more than any other publisher by far and away. Confused
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I don't care about the other title, I am happy that Blue Exorcist is finally licensed by Aniplex of America.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mirri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
The Naked Beast wrote:
At long last, I can see the hype and popularity of Madoka. I am not looking forward to Aniplex USA's asking price.
Anything is better than Sentai. Amazon will also probably sell it for pre-order discount which is usually a good 20 dollars on blurays. Might have to get Madoka if they do that
What anime world are you living in. Aniplex of America charges more than any other publisher by far and away. Confused

Any still-alive publisher. Geneon charged more per episode, retail. > _>
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Would it kill the lot of you to wait until AFTER the price is announced to let loose your complaints? Rolling Eyes

I have a serious collector's mentality, so I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I'd much rather pay a high price for a quality release(which Aniplex is most likely gonna give) than a normal price for a painstakingly average release.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Uh oh guys, this Blue Exorcist show seems like it might have some mainstream appeal. We better nip that in the bud by releasing it across four individual DVDs!
Durga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I'd be ecstatic if Aniplex didn't have a history of overcharging their anime. If they charge fairly for Madoka, then Aniplex will finally get my money. If they pull the same stunt they have with other releases, then I will be pissed. I love Madoka but I don't like being overcharged for the products I want.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh! Another thing! They BETTER have Hynden Walch do Madoka and Kari Wahlgren do Kyube or some butts will be kicked! HARD!!!
Mirri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Would it kill the lot of you to wait until AFTER the price is announced to let loose your complaints? Rolling Eyes

I have a serious collector's mentality, so I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I'd much rather pay a high price for a quality release(which Aniplex is most likely gonna give) than a normal price for a painstakingly average release.

I have to say, after having the Japanese release of the Madoka BluRays, that I hope the packaging is at least as nice as them in the U.S. release. They're some of the best packaged single discs I've had the pleasure of buying, EVER.

& regarding Blue Exorcist: It really appears to have potential. Really, I want to like it, the character designs are very appealing and the premise is great. But it's so painstakingly boring, and I just can't see myself buying it, ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9