• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, February 23-March 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
How can budget not matter? They use budget to pay more hired on animators who aren't salaried staff. Longer production time on zero money might be fine if you're Shinkai, but he's not working in weekly TV anime.

Oops typo, U nebtr budget does not matter. I don't know how I messed that up.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
Also disappointed with the numbers for Durarara!!x2, but not really surprised.

Ali07 wrote:
Hyouka! Still sad that this one hasn't (and probably won't) be licenced.

If you are talking R1, it should be released. People have been asking for it since it aired.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
ANN wrote:
1 - Sword Art Online II 5 (Limited Complete Pressing) 13,914

It was an OK show, but not enough to pass shows like Shirobako or Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun, IMO.

ANN wrote:
2 - Shirobako Vol. 3 (Limited First Pressing) 10,381

5 - Your Lie in April 1 (Limited Complete Pressing) 7,348

6 - The irregular at magic high school Yokohama Disturbance 1 (Limited Complete Pressing) 7,283

7 - Gintama Blu-ray Box Season Part II 6,609

8 - Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun Vol. 6 (Blu-ray) 5,914

9 - Amagi Brilliant Park Vol. 3 Blu-ray Limited Edition 4,969

14 - The Fruit of Grisaia Vol. 3 (Limited First Edition) 2,966

16 - The Seven Deadly Sins 2 (Limited Complete Pressing) 2,551

It is nice to see that those shows manage to move a significant number of copies. I liked all of them quite a bit.

ANN wrote:
10 - CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon Vol. 3 4,680

Well, well, well. Look who still draws and audience. Laughing

ANN wrote:
12 - Durarara!!×2 Shō 1 (Limited Complete Pressing) 3,228

I'm enjoying the show quite a bit, and while there are some quality issues, I find the overall plot and pace to make up for it.

ANN wrote:
18 - Trinity Seven 3 BD (Limited First Pressing) 2,302

19 - Lord Marksman and Vanadis Vol. 3 (Blu-ray) 2,255

Although those shows didn't do real justice to their respective source materials, they still were reasonably OK, with a mediocre-level plot and pace, and they tried to take an interesting art style.

I'm actually quite surprised (and pleasantly so for some of them) that they all pushed those kinds of units. I would have expected sub-1.5k at the highest for them, if not dipping below 1k for some, so to see so many 2k+ sales is very nice to see.

I wasn't sure YliA would have been embraced by enough people, but I'm glad to see otherwise—same with CROSS ANGE. given everything about it. Like the latter, I did not think so many of those shows would have been hits, but they have been and most of them have garnered good reviews, as well. Pretty good week for the anime industry.

As for DRRR!!x2's animation quality, I hasn't been much of a letdown, personally, but it is also best to keep in mind that an all-new studio is doing it, not Brains Base. I would never hold it to them to perfectly carry over BB's level of quality, particularly when it's not a co-production (a la the new TROYCA's ALDNOAH.ZERO. with A-1 Pictures). Shuka's not doing too shabby, all things considered…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:04 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
Hyouka! Still sad that this one hasn't (and probably won't) be licenced.

If you are talking R1, it should be released. People have been asking for it since it aired.

Yep, region one...something that'll give me english subs. Laughing

But, what makes you say it should be released? Hasn't been touched by any licensing company in the west, and I see nothing that indicates that changing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2