• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kangoku Gakuen/Prison School TV Anime Slated for Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gedata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
Is there any inoffensive genderbending in this series?
No gender bending but if "inoffensive" is what you're looking for then avert your eyes
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Hm, another harem huh. Might just watch it for the fanservice I guess. Of course, I'm gonna wait until the discs come out with un censored. Razz
voltaseca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Hm, another harem huh.

You're so wrong my tummy hurts.

ALTHOUGH you could argue something about Kiyoshi but eh.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:13 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
It would be require some heavy censoring and/or reducing the tone of the content, sure it be censored.

On this point in general, there's nothing that requires broadcasters to censor it. People assume so, but it's not true. Now most stations may just want to avoid bad publicity from complaints. But this is why we see different levels of censoring, including none at all.

Why is the violence censored in Terraformars but not at all in Parasyte? Why were a couple episodes of the Sekirei series broadcast uncensored over terrestrial TV but not the others? (IMO it was to give fans a "teaser") Why was Lupin III Fujiko Mine, which has much more mature and sexual scenarios and TONS more nudity than Prison School, broadcast completely uncensored on regular TV? Hell, live action movies are shown on Japanese TV uncensored.

If there is a will, there is a way. And if you're in a late night/early a.m. slot, there would not be a problem. However, the financial incentives work against giving out too much "for free". The producers/rights holders want you to buy the BDs. That's why as walw6pK4Alo mentioned, even satellite AT-X is no guarantee for fully uncensored broadcasts or the full versions with extra content that you'd get on BD.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
voltaseca wrote:
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Hm, another harem huh.

You're so wrong my tummy hurts.

ALTHOUGH you could argue something about Kiyoshi but eh.

That is the first impression I get from the summary. Though there are five boys, the overwhelming number of girls means that if this is as fanservice filled as I am led to believe, we will end up with a harem sooner or later.
Arklight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
DxD was broadcast uncensored, but only through AT-X. Just because something's run on AT-X is zero guarantee however, it all depends on what the decision of the Production Committee is, AT-X is just a vehicle and not the one in charge.

Is it wrong for me to hope that it'll be uncensored???
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2