• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:55 am Reply with quote

My Love Story!! (TV)

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo
Themes: School, Youth, Relationships

Plot Summary: Gouda Takeo is a freshman in high school. (Both estimates) Weight: 120kg, Height: 2 meters. He spends his days peacefully with his super-popular-with-girls, yet insensitive childhood friend, Sunakawa. One morning, on the train to school, Takeo saves a girl, Yamato, from being molested by a pervert. Could this be the beginning of spring for Takeo?
----------------------------------

This really looks like a sweet story. I mean, the two main protagonists seems almost like complete opposites. As one of the few shoujo theme series for the Spring season, I'm looking forward to this for sure.

Also, it's by Madhouse, one of my favorite studios.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Good animation, style, and decent character casts. I might have to get used to the main lead girl's voice though but it's such an adorable first episode so far.

OP song is pretty though thanks to Madhouse. 24 episodes....I'm ready for more!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
After reading the first volume of the manga, I was really hoping to see this title animated. This first episode definitely met and exceeded my expectations!
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I might check this one out. I enjoyed the crossover they did with Nisekoi, but I'm not sure it could sustain a full series.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
This is probably my favorite non-sequel first episode so far this season. I hope the misunderstanding doesn't last too long.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
Takeo - the gentle giant.
That Makoto has the looks but seems kinda cold.
Those two are such unusual friends..
Destined encounter in the train was kinda disturbing yet sweet.
But who will Yamato choose.. the super hot Makoto or boulder Takeo.
Looks like love is in the air ^^
Will be watching this!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I was afraid that he would be flat out hated by his peers from the opening story, but nah he may be rough but is a total bro.

Might be jumping the gun too much, but is his spoiler[own pain of lost crushes making him blind that this girl actually likes him]? He thinks that she spoiler[wants to be with his friend], but her reactions have been little more than it spoiler[being better to share cake, and being rudespoiler[ to stay alone with some boy she just met]. She asked for him to get it to her tomorrow, and baked sweets for him], and seemed really spoiler[happy to see more of him].

Ironically it seems that the spoiler[one girl not that into Suna has actually got his attention].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:26 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed that but I do wonder if I can go 23 more episodes with Goda constantly misunderstanding Yummyato's intention without pulling what little hair I have left out. Unless the show finds different things to explore, I can imagine that getting real old, real fast.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Good thing Sunakawa isn't voiced by Mamoru Miyano, because then I'd be calling him Taichi 2 with that haircut. His character is quite different though.

I also found the first episode to be fun and endearing. Stamp of approval. I understand Blood-'s concern and I do hope they clear that up soon, but given Takeo's background it's quite understandable for him to think that no girl would like him.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
I have already bashed and crushed basically every new Spring series I have seen, but this one is not fake and not insulting viewers' intelligence so far -- I can not do it here, at least not yet.

Yes, this is probably a romantic comedy for shoyo/female audience with typical possible love triangle and a lot of cake eating -- not my thing at all.

But I much rather prefer this than something like overhyped but disrespectful to viewers "sci-fi" emotional-pron-fest Plastic Memories, or absurd "sci-fi" setting of Seraph, or patty-cakes/cheesy little-children level story of Food Wars.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote
awww, now that was just adorable. the guy reminds me quite a bit of the older Zaitsu from Hatsukoi Limited. to bad he's not getting his own romcom as well.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Overall cute episode. I liked thespoiler[ background and on-screen chemistry between all three main leads, in particular Takeo (those faces are so priceless!) And also, we get a little bit of teamwork in the end as well.]

Kinda curious to see how Takeo will develop his character over time in this series though. But so far, still quite a charming series.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
That Suna sure is popular.
Takeo's confusion was kinda LOL
Guess he spoiler[likes Yamato enough to be worried about Suna.]
Hmm.. looks like Suna's personality would go well with Takeo's body and the other way around.
spoiler[One scares them, but likes them.
The other is liked by girls, but is not interested.]

*sigh* no wonder those two are friends..
Damn, that spoiler[Takeo sure is dense, but kind-hearted].
Another great episode!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Yummyato impressed me by asking to get together with Takeo alone next time. Nice! One thing that is sort of making me go "hmmmm" is that Suna is a pretty sharp guy. Surely he sees that Ya-tomato is grooving on Takeo and not him...so why isn't he cluing the big lug in? He himself doesn't appear to have developed feelings for Yamato (yeah, I know how to spell her name) yet (that's coming, I'm sure) so I'm a little confused by his silence.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Agh, this show is so sweet. Takeo is such a good guy, and I really like his friendship with Suna, and Yamato is so cute...

Blood- wrote:
One thing that is sort of making me go "hmmmm" is that Suna is a pretty sharp guy. Surely he sees that Ya-tomato is grooving on Takeo and not him...so why isn't he cluing the big lug in?

I imagine he probably doesn't think that Takeo could actually be so oblivious as to who Yamato likes. He probably just thinks Takeo hasn't done anything yet due to nerves or something. I'm imagining that somewhere down the line, Takeo will inform Suna of his intent to get the two of them together, to which Suna will respond with something like "How could you not notice? She likes you, you idiot!" Sadly, he's definitely not going to notice until someone else spells it out for him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11