• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Paradise Kiss Fashion Design Contest 2006

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God.. so many amazing entries!! Good luck ANN, picking a winner.. what a task! Everyone did an awesome job.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AnimeLover86

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:

To be totally honest, I've never seen the anime Fate/Stay Night, but after reading what you wrote, I went and looked it up on google and you're right Shocked my design does resemble that girls dress.
MissAsako

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
MissAsako Your avatar really goes with what you said. Lol

Haha yupp! Thats me! Pretty pretty spastic at times!

Quote:
Don't give up! Your entry is pretty good, and you'll most likely even improve at fashion designing. ^^ My entries aren't very good at all, but I still want to be a fashion designer. And hopefully I'll improve eventually.

Haha well I am only 13 after all. Improvement will defiantly come.
The drawing though looks so messy. I had to copy and rescan from the original I drew so I wouldn't mess up terrible on coloring. The original is all smooth and pretty, this one is all chunky looking haha.
smack_maggot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quote
yeah, i really like alicia schmand's first one. that one definitely caught my eye. her second one i'm not sure about the design, but i love the drawing. i loved everyone's drawings, they were so good! i wish i could draw like that. i wish i had drawn mine bigger or brighter or taller or on the computer, but the fact is i'm not very good at drawing, and i'm not great with coloring either, and i'm just bad with computers. it was a hard project for me (mine). but i think my design was pretty cool, it was something i wanted to try to make anyway (ganster lolita). also i messed up when i was drawing the tommy gun, i wanted it so you could see the barrel but i couldn't get an angle that didn't look unnatural. i didn't think until later of having it on her shoulder. oh well, not part of the outfit anyway really.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:15 am Reply with quote
smack_maggot your wasn't bad. Mine was so I'm not telling anybody which is mine.
angelsdeity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:49 am Reply with quote
i like darren zhang's works,..
they're beautiful,..
so as liu's and liang's,..
mine's so simple, it'll be a miracle if it get picked,..
Pandyblubb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
My Name is missing under my pic Anime cry
The first on page 3 T___T
Janett Krützfeldt
Saviour Atrhun Zala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:41 am Reply with quote
that's ok. at least your entry was still good enough to compete
mine look funny when its compared to other drawing styles, but even so I won't give up on drawing for me if I don't win Wink
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:13 am Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
...ya know, my reaction to looking at a lot of these is something along the lines of "....how could they even MOVE in that??
Heh, I was thinking along the same lines. Still, they would be great for a costume masquerade.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLover86 wrote:
ACDragonMaster wrote:

To be totally honest, I've never seen the anime Fate/Stay Night, but after reading what you wrote, I went and looked it up on google and you're right Shocked my design does resemble that girls dress.

It's a strong enough similarity that I had to look twice to start picking out differences, actually. It even looks like much of the cut of various pieces are the same. I've made Saber's dress for cosplay purposes before, so it's pretty familiar to me.
[Lilith]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha I share the same feeling of most of you: My designs sucks! (Mine are the first 3 in page 4)

Actually... I think they're fine. But definitely nothing compared to some of the entries. Yes those people are talented!!

My favorites would be:
Ashley Bernoudy. Ashley made some really good designs.
Darren Zhang. Darren also made well done designs.
Sahira Goodwin. Sometimes simplicity is the best.
Janet Liu. Aristocratic indeed.
Kassandra Leigh Purcell. I think this one has higher chances of winning.

Again good job everyone! You really did a marvelous job. I'll keep praying for a miracle! I just want the manga hahaha.
guendolen_sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
You know, I'm sharing this sentiment as well. As soon as I started looking through the submissions, I was like, "Okay, I've got the proverbial snowball's chance of winning a prize in this thing...." (I'm the "Wendy" designs towards the bottom of page six, if anyone ever even made it that far....) I figured there'd be a turn-out, but not THIS much, and there's some seriously funky stuff here. And for someone considering going back to school for fashion design so I can ultimately open a boutique to sell original Gothic Lolita designed clothes, this is all rather depressing.... Hoping for a miracle seems about right, yeah. But at least I'm in good company.
AlexiaSiuqila

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Aele and Smack n____n

I was so excited when I saw that my entries were up, that I almost cried/screamed o.o;
Soooo happy n__n

Good luck everyone!
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Any one going to answer my question?

I'll ask again

If someone has more that one drawing capable of winning, can they get mulitple prizes?
guendolen_sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Obviously I'm not affiliated with the site, but I would hazard a guess of no. I mean, that would hardly be fair, now would it? What if someone entered, say, 20 designs, and the people in charge decided these were all amazing and far and beyond the best submissions bar anything else? They really couldn't in good conscience send that person every possible prize. No, my guess would be that they'd just pick the next "worthy" person on the list for prize bestowment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7